The Elizabeth Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its a game changer once the through trains run fully. Saves a lot of tube changing faff going from one side of London to the other.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Elizabeth line​

Non-folded cycles are allowed Monday to Friday:
  • Arriving at Liverpool Street (from the east) before 07:30 and after 09:30
  • Leaving Liverpool Street (eastbound) before 16:00 and after 19:00
  • Arriving at London Paddington (from the west) before 07:45 and after 09:45
  • Leaving London Paddington (westbound) 16:30 and after 19:00
  • Between Paddington and Abbey Wood before 07:30, 09:30-16:00 and after 19:00
Weekends and bank holidays: Anytime

You cannot take non-folded cycles onto the Tube at some Elizabeth line stations:
  • Tottenham Court Road
  • Bond Street
  • Paddington - onto the Bakerloo line
  • Liverpool Street - onto the Central and Northern lines
  • Stratford - onto the Central line

Elizabeth line​

Non-folded cycles are allowed Monday to Friday:
  • Arriving at Liverpool Street (from the east) before 07:30 and after 09:30
  • Leaving Liverpool Street (eastbound) before 16:00 and after 19:00
  • Arriving at London Paddington (from the west) before 07:45 and after 09:45
  • Leaving London Paddington (westbound) 16:30 and after 19:00
  • Between Paddington and Abbey Wood before 07:30, 09:30-16:00 and after 19:00
Weekends and bank holidays: Anytime

You cannot take non-folded cycles onto the Tube at some Elizabeth line stations:
  • Tottenham Court Road
  • Bond Street
  • Paddington - onto the Bakerloo line
  • Liverpool Street - onto the Central and Northern lines
  • Stratford - onto the Central line

Thanks Tomo. I'm close to the Reading-Paddington bit. This could be very useful, but I haven't found the bike capacity yet! I've looked at the Journey Planner page, and if I can find a link to actually book that may provide more detail.
(The slow Reading-Ealing service is unlimited bikes, so there is hope here ... )

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Can't she just use face cream like any other person:laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anybody travelled on it on its inaugural day? And does anyone hope to use it in the future?

What impact do you think it will have on journeys and commuting in and around the big smoke?

View: https://youtu.be/OggrRqn0jSU

I will travel on it on Thursday.
In term of passenger numbers, it will take pressure off of the Central line, east and westbound and make it easier for those who live out west, and east travelling into or through london.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks Tomo. I'm close to the Reading-Paddington bit. This could be very useful, but I haven't found the bike capacity yet! I've looked at the Journey Planner page, and if I can find a link to actually book that may provide more detail.
(The slow Reading-Ealing service is unlimited bikes, so there is hope here ... )

I'd expect it'll be just like the Overground. You can take your bike on the train outside peak hours. There's no specific bike facilities so there's no actual "capacity".

Could be wrong though.

I'd expect it'll be just like the Overground. You can take your bike on the train outside peak hours. There's no specific bike facilities so there's no actual "capacity".

Could be wrong though.
Could be good news, thanks.

I'd pop down to recce the situation myself, but tickets from the provinces start at eleventy-hundred sovs, so it's not something I can try on the off-chance. I am - as ever- indebted to my capital-based superiors, for all tidbits of information received :notworthy:.

presta

Guru
It looks better than the Central and Hammersmith & City lines, but I assume I'd still have to change at Liverpool St., and then again at Paddington to get down the GWR from Essex. (Or Shenfield & Paddington.)

Top Bottom