The Elizabeth Line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It looks better than the Central and Hammersmith & City lines, but I assume I'd still have to change at Liverpool St., and then again at Paddington to get down the GWR from Essex. (Or Shenfield & Paddington.)

At the moment, yes. But when it's fully open there will be end to end through trains.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any trains outside London are crap. Bit of a revelation visiting London even before the new line. Two trains an hour, both within 20 minutes, then a 40 minute gap AT rush hour for us :eek:. Bike or car unless I'm having a drink after work.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
did i imagine it or did I post something here?

As you are a new member your posts may need to go through moderation before they appear. This is an anti-spam measure to stop spammers joining and filling the forum with adverts for bathrooms. After a while it goes away

tothehills

As you are a new member your posts may need to go through moderation before they appear. This is an anti-spam measure to stop spammers joining and filling the forum with adverts for bathrooms. After a while it goes away

thanks for the reply but can't see it in my posted matter, though can see others.
and of course I can see my post asking the question and your reply to that.
Can assure you no bathroom selling, tho could probably do with one myself.
have sent a question to whoever runs this place - maybe I'll get a reply - if not, I'm off to pedal.

tothehills

Any trains outside London are crap. Bit of a revelation visiting London even before the new line. Two trains an hour, both within 20 minutes, then a 40 minute gap AT rush hour for us :eek:. Bike or car unless I'm having a drink after work.

too true - my remembered lost post was along vaguely similar lines.
Two countries at least.

steverob

Guru
I'll admit I went into work a tiny bit earlier today so that I could take a little detour and ride it on the first day. It's not going to change my commute, as while there is a convenient station near my work, there isn't one near the London terminus that I arrive at from out in the sticks. But it was nice to see the stations and the trains all clean and new and sparkling just 2 1/2 hours after it had opened I suppose.
F2E30E81-7C2C-46CD-BAC9-9D69C8E8791D.jpeg

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
doesn't look too dissimilar to the newer parts of jubilee line - the extension out thru canary wharf etc

winjim

Smash the cistern
I hear there's a load of people on the Liz Line wearing purple T-shirts with 'Purple Train' written on them.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As London moves into the future, Scotland has it's own vision for the future of rail transport on it's newly nationalised rail network.
Last week I could go to Glasgow and catch the last train home about 23.15.. Now it is 19.45, and that includes a Saturday night. Welcome to OUR future :rolleyes:.
And who have you got to thank for that? Careful, Pat is on moderation tonight :laugh:
Can't have the drivers taking their mug of cocoa too late.

Top Bottom