The end of my quiet spell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had a good few months on the road with very little in the way of incident (the odd car pulling in front, but nothing major).

This one, however, has ended my god spell. Had he pulled out any quicker, I would have been on his bonnet.

Muppet.:laugh:

(P.S. I did indicate, he either didn't see it, or chose to ignore it)

Keith Oates

Janner
Not a good situation but out here that happens many times every day. Perhaps the driver was Vietnamese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Nah. Not worth it. I'm keen only to take the worst offenders to the police, otherwise they might think I just 'cry wolf'.

In reality he probably just made a stupid mistake, but what annoys me is that most people just can't admit it. One of the biggest problems on the road is the 'I'm always right attitude'

It reminds me of the time I was in a private hire car and the driver in all seriousness said, 'I don't think I own the road, I know I do..'. :laugh:

Bman

Guru
Hopefully thats just a lapse in your quiet spell Magnatom.

I think your scream scared the life out of him (in much the same way his maneuver did to you)! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bongman said:
I think your scream scared the life out of him (in much the same way his maneuver did to you)! :biggrin:

Aye, I think that is why he took a few second to shout back at me. I think you can tell from my shout how close I felt it was. It was one of those situations where the escape routes were limited.

Perhaps I should have spidey sensed that something like this would happen, when he had already crept out, however, it is not uncommon for cars to creep out there, especially when a bus is stopped at the nearby bus stop.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
to add to my other comments on your vids in the past Magnatom... thats the perfect type of clip to post. you claim you indicated with your arm and i have no reason to doubt that, but even if you hadn't it's clear from the clip that he just didn't see you at all. very bad driving and very good clip. :sad:

PS: theres something about a scottish accent that makes swearing sound even better :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye, I was actually disappointed that you couldn't see my arm in that clip to prove that I had indicated.

However, as I hope I have shown in the past, if I make a mistake I am happy to own up to it, so if I hadn't indicated here I would have admitted it. :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Nah. Not worth it. I'm keen only to take the worst offenders to the police, otherwise they might think I just 'cry wolf'.

In reality he probably just made a stupid mistake, but what annoys me is that most people just can't admit it. One of the biggest problems on the road is the 'I'm always right attitude'

It reminds me of the time I was in a private hire car and the driver in all seriousness said, 'I don't think I own the road, I know I do..'. :biggrin:

Aye it trying to get the wider populace to understand that stupid mistake can kill and that it is their responsibility to avoid such mistakes happening. Most of them don't seem to understand why they have to have a license to drive... :sad:

Im always wary of cutting across cars in this way and never take anything for granted.I do the same sort of turn into my street.

Had a few of those (but no camera to illustrate) - not too often luckily. Notwithstanding the verbal altercation about hand signals, one of my theories is that some motorists no longer recognise hand signals - since they took them out of the driving test (wasn't so in my day: when I took my test I had to give hand signals). Does anyone agree?

And 'creeping' forward at a junction, into the path of someone who has right of way - even if the offender doesn't intend to go so far out as to hit them - well I call that intimidation, I do. I've had a lot of that as well - often at roundabouts. I call that 'driving without due care and consideration', that's what I call it, and the police ought to take notice at least.

Top Bottom