The England Rugby XV...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...will have me watching tomorrow night - from the tribunes at Stade de France.
I'm off to Paris at 09.30 to be 'culturally immersed' (:ohmy::blush:;)) until Monday morning, in the company of old French rugby opponents.

I am missing my commute through the delights of London already! ("liar, liar, pants on fire..."):biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I guess there will be some hard tackles in this match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz

Guru
I've only just got into Rugby Union having been to watch Leicester Tigers a few times. One day I need to find out what the rules of the game are!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They will lose to France... the French just have too much flair and imagination for England right now. It'll be a showdown between Wales and France for the Grand Slam...

Maz said:
I've only just got into Rugby Union having been to watch Leicester Tigers a few times. One day I need to find out what the rules of the game are!

Maz, I was born in Coalville and played rugby at school, and I still don't understand the rules. :biggrin:

trustysteed said:
probably because you kept pitching up to training wearing your skis!

I had instructions as follows: "Stevens, you sprint for the county, so stand on that wing. The ball will be handed to you - I've seen you attempt to play cricket and I know you can't catch. You will then run towards that line and put the ball down behind it. That's all you need to know."

it's not buggery if you deliberately drop the soap!

Keith Oates

Janner
Flying_Monkey said:
They will lose to France... the French just have too much flair and imagination for England right now. It'll be a showdown between Wales and France for the Grand Slam...

That was my feeling as well FM, glad we were both wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It wasn't a great game - England didn't play particularly well were dull and lucky. France seemed to have their minds elsewhere - they just played badly and were also unlucky. Wales for the grand slam on this showing - the Welsh just look like they are enjoying doing what they do best.

SamNichols

france never seem to have their heads in the game. Sometimes they can play nice, flowing rugby, the next moment it is dire. England need to stop having lucky wins, so that they can perhaps get any real insight into just how bad they are. Their absolutely terrible rugby has been overshadowed by their fluke walk into the world cup final last year, thus preventing any lessons from being learnt from their dreadful 6 nations performances since 2003.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Flying_Monkey said:

I'm not a great one for lynchings by the mob, preferring some sort of justice before a pronouncement of guilty.

However, for this bit of treason in the face of the enemy and its ill-graced sequel, I am prepared to make an exception.;)

Top Bottom