The Escape Artist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

Just started reading The Escape Artist by Matt Seaton.

Shaping up to be a good read. Anyone else read it? (please don't tell me how it ends....)

bc

dodgy

I have it, I'm finding it tought going actually. There's not much pace to the book and I'm getting the feeling that the book is all about heading towards a bad point in his life. I wouldn't describe it using the oft used cliche "I couldn't put it down" because I have "put it down' bloody hundreds of times! But it will not beat me, it's only a small book anyway :ohmy:

Dave.

domtyler

Über Member
dodgy said:
I have it, I'm finding it tought going actually. There's not much pace to the book and I'm getting the feeling that the book is all about heading towards a bad point in his life. I wouldn't describe it using the oft used cliche "I couldn't put it down" because I have "put it down' bloody hundreds of times! But it will not beat me, it's only a small book anyway :tongue:

Dave.

I seem to remember you saying almost the exact same thing about "Noddy and Big Ears go to Toyland"! :ohmy:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I really like it. I've read it 4 or 5 times, I'll read it again... there's something in it that resonates deeply. I never tire of it.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

Fab Foodie said:
I really like it. I've read it 4 or 5 times, I'll read it again... there's something in it that resonates deeply. I never tire of it.

An interesting comment - I suspect it may resonate with me also. I guess I'll find out as I get further into it...

bc

dodgy

domtyler said:
I seem to remember you saying almost the exact same thing about "Noddy and Big Ears go to Toyland"! ;)

To be fair, that was a challenging read :angry:

Dave.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
barq said:
It's not a bad read. Certainly seems to capture something of what it is that obsesses us all so much! ;)
I agree, and he captures those training runs very well, especially the winter/evening runs with his mate. Very evocative.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought it was a really excellent, thoughtful and moving book without being maudlin. I assumed the 'escape' bit of the title was referring to him getting on the bike to escape his private turmoil.

Top Bottom