The Export lifestyle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thought you'd be interested to see a couple of pics I've just found at the back of a cupboard. One of me enjoying a hot meeting with some Alhajis in northern Nigeria, wondering how long before I could get into an air-conditioned hotel room and get a cold beer. The beer probably didn't happen because it was a Sharia state and the bathroom in my five-star hotel is in the second pic.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Lavatory paper! We used to dream of lavatory paper....

Dave7

Legendary Member
Oooh a 5 star bog!!!
I was in export for some years but fortunately that was all around Europe and was, generally very enjoyable.
I had a fantastic 8 days in Israel and saw a lot of if..... staying in a proper 5 star on the beach.
I was asked to visit Lybia but declined that one thank you:rolleyes:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I thought that guy in the red, was killed in the first Predator film.

The guy on the right is either Apollo Creed (also killed in the first Predator film) or Kevin Rowland from Dexy's Midnight Runners

Lullabelle

Banana
Thought you'd be interested to see a couple of pics I've just found at the back of a cupboard. One of me enjoying a hot meeting with some Alhajis in northern Nigeria, wondering how long before I could get into an air-conditioned hotel room and get a cold beer. The beer probably didn't happen because it was a Sharia state and the bathroom in my five-star hotel is in the second pic.

View attachment 504272

View attachment 504275

That bathroom :ohmy: xx(

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

View attachment 504272

View attachment 504275
Bloody ‘ell, that pic’s a shocker....

where on earth did you get that tie?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
That's the big tub of water. There's almost never any electricity to pump water up into the roof tank so people keep a large bucket full then take a shower using a small scoop to pour water over themselves. There are no guest soaps so you'll get a quarter piece of a bar of soap hacked off with a knife. When you open the bathroom door you'll hear the scuttling noise as dozens of large cockroaches head for cover. You need mozzie repellent, a can of insecticide, a torch, tablets for tummy trouble, and wet wipes for when all else fails.

Drago

Legendary Member
The guy in red is my northern distributor, the guy in brown is the customer and the guy on the far right just seemed to like me because he wandered over and kept offering me bits of his orange.
Wearing those man dresses they're clearly huge Dan's of the late, great, Dom DeLuise.

Well, that's me then. Lesson learnt. I'm never gonna complain about those invisible valets in my Hilton rooms who fold a neat sharp triangle into the end of the toilet paper each time I use some.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ahhh yes, the glamour of business abroad. Egypt wasnt as bad as the photo but picture little angry ants all over the accommodation, mosquitos that were so loud in your ear it made getting to sleep almost impossible, food that would make you think....ohhh.
And yet, for all that,, the people were lovely and welcoming, eager to talk and be in your presence and seemingly very happy despite their apparent poor lot in life. We could learn a lot from them.

Top Bottom