The Final Countdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck. Had mine done last year, thought it would be a nice complement to the titanium in the elbow. I might be looking at another as I haven't got all the moment back, but I'm going to hold off until I get a reasonable assurance that there are good odds for a significant improvement.

IIRC it was about a month before I was riding, and 3 or 4 months before I was so where approaching normal with my riding.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Currently feeling apprehensive here as I'm having my collar bone plated tomorrow. Never had anything serious done before. Once that's sorted it's time to deal with the frozen shoulder if it doesn't resolve itself.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck Bassy.

Mine went again last week. I stupidly reached out with my right arm to open a door and TWANG! Round my shoulder and down into the bicep. Cant feel my thumb very well, so only have 2 reliably working digits on my right hand.

Currently enduring ICE and anti inflammatory treatment, but no cycling, driving, rifles or shotgun. The Doc never said anything about pistols though... ;)

Hope the OP finally does the trick for you Bassy.

Good luck Bassy.

Mine went again last week. I stupidly reached out with my right arm to open a door and TWANG! Round my shoulder and down into the bicep. Cant feel my thumb very well, so only have 2 reliably working digits on my right hand.

Currently enduring ICE and anti inflammatory treatment, but no cycling, driving, rifles or shotgun. The Doc never said anything about pistols though... ;)

Hope the OP finally does the trick for you Bassy.
What happened to your shoulder?

Drago

Legendary Member
Rotaty cufftor, never been quite right since the OP in 2017. Had inflamed tendons ever si ce and one creaked pretty badly last week, leaving me, hopefully temporarily, in a spot of discomfort.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
But haven’t you been weight lifting since too even though it’s not been right since the op?

Yep. The lifting isnt the cause of my problem, although it's probably not exactly speeding my recovery along properly, but I'm a bigorexia sufferer :laugh:

Nah, broke my elbow many years back when I was assaulted on duty (stopping some dumbass chump who though it was ok to assault an elderly lollipop lady). 2 ops on that and it's been ok but I've never been quite right, no feeling in my outside 2 fingers. A decade of not using my right arm quite right triggered a severe bout of adhesive capsulitis and the scan showed rotator cuff damage that I may have been carrying since I was assaulted. I was warned that surgery on the former might aggravate the latter, but I had to risk it as being Mrs D's carer I needed some use of my arm back.

They did, and it did. I have to do mobility stretching exercises, but have been told the weights are fine if I'm sensible. It's the word 'sensible' that I struggle with. Leg workouts only until the current problem eases - it's currently leg day 5 out of 7 and nothing is worse than leg day :sad:

Top Bottom