The final sentence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So she finished eating the blancmange, picked up the otter and walked out of the front door, slamming it behind her.

So, how does the story begin and ultimately arrive at the final sentence?

:blush: No idea :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Lord Lester had no idea how he had got there, but spotting a teapot sitting on a shelf decided to fill the kettle and make himself a cup of tea while he pondered on it. The chromed mixer tap made a sputtering noise as he carefully turned the lever, letting it run for a few seconds before moving the open kettle into the flow of water. Returning the kettle to its holder he flicked the button and watched as it slowly stirred into life.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
In all her many years working as a prostitute, this was the lousiest tip she had ever been given for her renown bestial / milk based pudding speciality 'treatment'. Normally Conservative MPs are far more appreciative.

But what the hell? It had been a long night and she was peckish, so she finished eating the blancmange, picked up the otter and walked out of the front door, slamming it behind her.

Pete

Actually, when I first saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a debate about capital punishment. You know the sort of thing: "..the sentence of this court is that you be taken to a lawful prison, and thence to a lawful place of..." you get my drift?

it begins on a dark and stormy night and follows the fortunes of a fisherman's wife and a small, aquatic, mammal that is washed ashore in the tempest.

bereft of food as the boats are unable to sail, all that is left are a few tins of corned beef and some old pudding; all past their best by date.

a domestic squabble ensues and the husband utters the fateful words "well, if you think you can do better, then go ahead."

longers

Legendary Member
I read it as Arch having a post-knitting snack.
Don't know why she slammed the door though :blush: Or if she even likes blancmange.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
I read it as Arch having a post-knitting snack.
Don't know why she slammed the door though :blush: Or if she even likes blancmange.

:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not sure I do like blancmange. I don't tend to like gelatinous sloppy puddings much. I'd want something like a digestive biscuit with it to give some crunch.

Sodding hell, she thought, after the effort she'd gone to get the stuffed otter and the blancmange for the film sketch, the director might have told her that the blancmange was no longer needed.

Top Bottom