The flavour of flies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flies are also partial to sweet smelling sugary things, so next time, take a ride past a sugar lump factory or the place they make Mr Kiplings (Kirsty put a photo up somewhere)... you never know, you might get one that's sugar-coated. That'll make up for the poo-fly.
smile.gif

Keith Oates

Janner
I had a fly go into my mouth/throat yesterday and I was only walking down the street, can't remember that happening before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
My Dad and I once called to see some elderly folk about something and they poured us a nice coffee from a Thermos. Half way through drinking mine I found something large, chewy and fibrous, rather bitter tasting in my mouth so not wanting to cause embarrassment I swallowed it. Got in the car and as we drove off my Dad said "Er, I don't want to put you off but I found a huge bluebottle in my coffee!"

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit i think i swallowed one the other day and when i told the missus , she said did it taste nice , i was tempted to reply no worse than your cooking , but decided against it and said " just like chicken" as any radio 2 listener would say

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I can't believe I'm actually writing this.. but the fly could have been having a quick nibble of maybe a dead something? Rat, Rabbit, Pheasant, Badger, Stoat? etc etc :ohmy::tongue:

I've seen plenty of them round my way and your just up the road

That is a distinct possibility BB. There are always numerous dead creatures festering at the side of our lanes crawling with insects. Perhaps I now know what the flies' dinner tastes like.

Top Bottom