the Flea lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
I am still looking for a replacement light for my husband who has "misplaced" his cateye EL600 rechargable front light. He needs the light to see and be seen because a section of his commute has no street-lights, and I saw these little lights - the Blackburn Flea USB light.

I have looked at the product description on various websites but I can't find anywhere that gives an idea of the strength of light. Does anyone have a first-hand experience of these lights, or willl he have to bite the bullett and get a replacement cateye?

Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
you didn't get that light you were looking at on ebay then?
The flea is 4 led, it will be ok for normal night riding ie with streetlamps, I don't think it will throw enough light forward for unlit roads. You would really need a spot for that imo

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
Ha - yes the ebay light went for quite a lot in the end (considering it was 2nd hand and over a year old).
We have ordered a Flea and will give it a go, personally I think he will end up with another cateye - simply because he already has a charger and he knows that he will get a good enough light from it. Problem is that it is so expensive, and he is peeved that he lost the original - we both expect it to turn up as soon as a replacement is bought, sod's law!

kyuss

Veteran
I've got the Flea's (the original version that charges of a 1.5v battery). Brilliant little things. They're a great be seen light and the high mode is even enough to see by on unlit country lanes if you take it easy. 40 lumens output I believe.

scouserinlondon

On this topic, my flea is starting to misbehave, cut out occaisonally and seems to need charging every five mins. I think the internal electronics are shot and it's not that old.

Anybody else had problems?

Top Bottom