The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LiamW

Still a defeat though, losing too many games at home in Europe these days. I remember when we had a great record at Celtic Park.

Anyway, we were at our maximum and Bayern looked like they could step it up at anytime but all in all a more positive performance compared to the dross dished up the last few games.

3rd was always the aim and EL football after Christmas, so that's an improvement I guess. All we need now is a few more defenders like KT and we'd be flying.

WTF was Boyata thinking btw?

AndyRM

XOXO
Decent of Bayern not to play their strongest team.

J1888

Über Member
Decent of Bayern not to play their strongest team.

Still, when you've got guys like Tolisso (€40m+), Rodriguez (€80m), Coman (€28m), Vidal (€37m), Robben, Martinez, Alaba, Boateng PLUS Kimmich & Hummels on the bench with Thiago Alcantara, that's not a bad team to put on the field.

J1888

Über Member
Celtic fan in not getting it shocker.

Please, enlighten me with another of your pearls of footballing wisdom

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Interesting night last night then. Gutted that Celtic lost, but actually quite proud - given how awful we played against PSG and against Munich away this season, not to mention Barcelona away last season, it was good to see us not be passive, and despite playing against a clearly better team, actually trying to take the game to them. As is often the case at this level, crap defending will be punished. Still, should get 3rd, which was the realistic aim I guess.

How about Chelsea eh? Spanked by a team 5th in Serie A...guess it's not that surprising, but according to some media outlets, it could and should have been a lot worse. I note Phil Neville stating that they are missing Matic greatly.

We were missing Kante a lot more than Matic. :smile:

Chelsea played v.well for a lot of the first half despite being one down from the off. We were dreadful in the second half though.

Top Bottom