The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
We've got some great players, shame they will stagnate when they end up sitting in the reserves or going out on loan to championship clubs.
Completely agree some very technically good players but making the next step will be very Difficult . Managers don't seem to trust young players

AndyRM

XOXO
5 points from 3 visits to Glasgow. Clarke unbeaten since arriving, and playing well against the Old Firm.

I'm not used to this, usually the new manager optimism lasts about 30 minutes into his first game...

AndyRM

XOXO
Wouldn't take that long.

But it will never happen. UEFA big guns wouldn't let it.

Of course it's UEFAs fault... Think last time I remember this being given serious discussion it was the unwillingness of Celtic (or Rangers) to start from League 1 (which would have been remarkably generous) rather than get put straight into the top flight.

Imagine for a second the EPL was expanded to accommodate 2 other clubs who'd done nothing to deserve it, or promotion was reduced to one place for a season. MK Dons would love not being the most derided team in the country...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wazza in the relegation zone. :smile:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Everton have the second longest top division membership. Without checking I believe they came up in 1954 and have only ever spent three years outside the top flight. Numero Uno are Arsenal who have been ever present since 1919.
That is more or less true. Everton have been in the top flight for more years than any other club, they have actually spent 4 years outside the top flight, one in the early 1930s and 3 in the early 1950s. I am not too clued up on Arsenal's history, but for some reason they didn't enter the top flight until many years after Everton, so although Arsenal have the longest uninterrupted run in the top flight, they don't have as many seasons in total in the top flight as Everton.

I guess the reason for you posting on this subject is that, like me, and many other people, you see Everton's top flight status under some considerable threat on current form. Given the club's summer transfer activity, we could be the first side to ever bankroll a catastrophic relegation campaign :sweat:

And yes, @AndyRM Angry birds are the shirt sleeve sponsors, wish the players would show some anger!!:angry:

Top Bottom