The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I believe you are also a Blackburn Rovers supporter.
Ex supporter,as in actually watched them :smile: for 20 odd years,but i haven't been for 10 years. I still look out for their results though.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Franco's finest won the day

Francisco-Franco-tifoso-del-Real-Madrid2.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I missed the first half of the match last night as the pub I went to didn't have BT Sport. When I asked the staff about it, they said it would have cost £1200 for a one off license, which if true is absolutely mental.

No matter as I didn't miss much, the entertainment was all in the second half. Bale's first goal was absolutely incredible but Karius will not be wanting to see the other two back any time soon.

U

User6179

I missed the first half of the match last night as the pub I went to didn't have BT Sport

BT sport showed the game on YouTube for free.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not exactly a stellar match.

Agreed that Liverpool's head went down when Mo went off but really, a top team should rise above that.

Bale's goal was stunning - even better than CR7's earlier in the comp'.

The first 'keeping howler was the worst in my book. What on earth was he thinking of? Not sure why he kicked off after as it was 100% his fault.

Staggering achievement winning Big Ears three times on the spin - every credit to RM & ZZ.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm glad someone pointed that you tube link out to me last night. I was thinking about listening to the final on the radio(as i was until i saw the link) and then watch the second half in one of my 2 local pubs. I was apprehensive though. I thought that by the time i got down there for the second half most watching on the tv down there would've been tanked up by then and looking for an argument if not a confrontation. I watched the 2nd leg of Liverpool's semi final down there and although it was a midweek game there were still some knobheads in, intent on causing trouble. You can spot the type. They seem to congregate together,not wearing anything to suggest they support a particular team,but they're looking around all the time to catch someone's eye then they can start arguing with them. I watched the Liverpool v Roma final in 2007 in the bar of a caravan holiday site in Rhyll. The atmosphere in the bar was scary. With it being fairly close to both Manchester and Liverpool there were lots of either fans in the bar. When Liverpool conceded a goal these Man Utd lot started cheering then started to throw bottles at the Liverpool fans who'd congregated on the other side of the bar. Believe it or not the police arrived and actually formed a "thin blue line" to segregate both sets of supporters/viewers,until the match ended then they kept the Man Utd lot in the bar while everyone else had gone back to their caravans.

gavgav

Guru
Today is the biggest game in the history of Shrewsbury Town. If we make it into the Championship then what an achievement. It will be 30 years since we last played a season up there and football was very different in those days, not so much money influence. The season we got relegated was the season I started going to matches!!

If we don’t make it.........who knows what next season will bring. History suggests a struggle.

Top Bottom