The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
England international, FA and EUFA cup winners medals and lived in a council house.

That shows how much the game has changed.

Quite young as well. A great player.

A proper 'legend' as well. Not just someone who got that title for playing a few seasons for a club,which seems to be the case these days. Him Mick Mills,John Wark and er i can't remember the others:scratch:,but they'll come to me, are names that spring to mind when you think of Ipswich's great team of the 1970's,managed by Bobby Robson.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A proper 'legend' as well. Not just someone who got that title for playing a few seasons for a club,which seems to be the case these days. Him Mick Mills,John Wark and er i can't remember the others:scratch:,but they'll come to me, are names that spring to mind when you think of Ipswich's great team of the 1970's,managed by Bobby Robson.
True story
Many years ago ((1968/9) I took (Mrs Dave) to watch Lpool Vs Ipswitch. We were in the Kop pre match......as it was filling up. All the normal banter and swearing etc when some guy near us shouts out very loudly "watch your language lads, theres a lady here"
I of course shouted "thats no lady, thats my wife".

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
29:sad: Hopefully Bradford will get a benefit game arranged, he was a huge favourite here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45561264

8699152.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I remember him as a promising youngster for Liverpool, though he never really broke into the full squad. Very sad end to his career.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
29:sad: Hopefully Bradford will get a benefit game arranged, he was a huge favourite here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45561264

View attachment 430704

Utterly dreadful disease. It's very rare to survive very long once diagnosed. :sad:

I was mis-diagnosed with this a couple of years ago and came face to face with the horrors of it. I hope his remaining time passes as quickly or as slowly as he wants it to and as peacefully as possible.

I'm glad the BBC closed down HYS fairly rapidly as some of the comments on there were appalling.

SpokeyDokey

Was amusing to listen to the BT Sport commentating team last night - waxing lyrical about MCFC until the first Lyon goal went in and they then switched into full reverse thrust dishing out the criticism... Commentators - fickle!

McManaman - how does he hang on his job? Some of the worst commentary ever last night including (cannot remember the players) a nasty tackle by a City player on a Lyon player - full studs into the shin with some force and he said "there wasn't much in it". Total clown.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Was amusing to listen to the BT Sport commentating team last night...

The sheer rubbishness of their coverage is one of the many reasons I won't be forking out £28 a month for the privilege of watching it. It's infuriating that you can't even get highlights on free-to-air TV any more, but I have no desire to help them recoup their ridiculously overinflated £1.2bn investment. Feckin' ridiculous.

SpokeyDokey

The sheer rubbishness of their coverage is one of the many reasons I won't be forking out £28 a month for the privilege of watching it. It's infuriating that you can't even get highlights on free-to-air TV any more, but I have no desire to help them recoup their ridiculously overinflated £1.2bn investment. Feckin' ridiculous.

Yes, the commentating is poor and the wooden punditry is laughable.

We get ours for £3.50/month as we have BT Broadband although at the last round of haggling they gave us it for £1.75/month for 12 months.

Only really use it for the Champions League which we do like to watch although it's not the same without Chelsea in it this year.:sad:

Although we can watch Thursday night Europa League too, which we are in this year, so it's worth it to us. Hope we win tonight!

Been reading today that Sky have jacked their prices up...

ozboz

Guru
Yes, the commentating is poor and the wooden punditry is laughable.

We get ours for £3.50/month as we have BT Broadband although at the last round of haggling they gave us it for £1.75/month for 12 months.

Only really use it for the Champions League which we do like to watch although it's not the same without Chelsea in it this year.:sad:

Although we can watch Thursday night Europa League too, which we are in this year, so it's worth it to us. Hope we win tonight!

Been reading today that Sky have jacked their prices up...

Sky-Jacked !!!!!!

I wouldnt pay them 2 bob to be honest , I like to go in a pub , where there are lots of fans ,
I watched city last night in a Richmond pub , the Railway , good football pub and good bar prices , sat at a table with a Gooner and Scouse fans
Had a good chat , and yes, I copped it for being a Blue !!
If id of been at home id of probably chucked myself out the window after that display !!

Top Bottom