The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Indeed.
Unbelievable.
We were lucky they didn't stick 10 past us.
No idea what went wrong. I can point out faults and poor performances but for the whole team to full apart is beyond me.
It happens. It has happened to City and to United, I'm just surprised it happened to Liverpool, I didn't see them dropping points this season, just like last. They looked virtually unbeatable until tonight.
I just couldn't see where they'd concede points, turns out it was quite a surprising answer.

Well I never, in truth I had already wrote this game off , and hoped we would just be competitive. It was quite an impressive attacking display, and we could easily have had a couple more. I think I'm still shellshocked a strange season indeed

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I wonder if the resident Liverpool expert @PaulB was watching and has something to say???

for me it was laughable and a disgrace to see us ship 7 goals alway from home, but it was only 3pts lost and we will come back stronger and learn from it.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Villa was on fire tonight. To be honest I would have been over the moon with a draw but to hammer Liverpool 7-2 is something else. The only downer is that we couldnt be there to support them, Villa Park and especially the Holte End would have been absolutely rockin. Never mind, I will just have to celebrate down the local tomorrow.

Villa are back...!!!.........Well hopefully :wahhey:

UTV

Dave7

Legendary Member
I wonder if the resident Liverpool expert @PaulB was watching and has something to say???

but it was only 3pts lost and we will come back stronger and learn from it.
That is my hope.
Our next game is high flying Everton:eek:.
Lets hope the break will enable lfc to recover mentally.
hahaha......I had just said to MrsD that Adrian was a good goalie when he made that dreadful error. On a night that we were below par that shocked us and gave Villa added impetus.

jowwy

That is my hope.
Our next game is high flying Everton:eek:.
Lets hope the break will enable lfc to recover mentally.
hahaha......I had just said to MrsD that Adrian was a good goalie when he made that dreadful error. On a night that we were below par that shocked us and gave Villa added impetus.
You can’t blame Adrian for that loss........Gomez was all over the shop all night and tbh VVD has been poor since the lockdown. The whole back line was at fault as we are starting to get lazy and thinking it’s easy. Time for back to basics and stifle teams, starve them of the ball and force them into errors. Rather than standing on the half way line hoping our pacey cb bail us out

Dave7

Legendary Member
You can’t blame Adrian for that loss........Gomez was all over the shop all night and tbh VVD has been poor since the lockdown. The whole back line was at fault as we are starting to get lazy and thinking it’s easy. Time for back to basics and stifle teams, starve them of the ball and force them into errors. Rather than standing on the half way line hoping our pacey cb bail us out
Am I missing something??
I said I had just been praising him when he made that dreadful mistake. I didn't blame him for the loss.

I agree about Gomez. I said, during the match, I always rated him but last night he was all over the place.

must be a record, both reds letting in 13 goals on same day? Keeping my eye on youg Watkins this season assume he was the reason for Brentfords success?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Gunnersaurus sacked! :ohmy:
No he's not. The man in the suit is retiring…there will be another. From Guardian live blog…
"Some further detail on the fate of Gunnersaurus: it’s not extinction, just hibernation. The costume will return when fans do, but the man who has occupied it since 1993 will not. Jerry Quy, the man behind the mask for more than a quarter of a century, is to retire."

jowwy

Am I missing something??
I said I had just been praising him when he made that dreadful mistake. I didn't blame him for the loss.

I agree about Gomez. I said, during the match, I always rated him but last night he was all over the place.
I didn’t say you was blaming.........it was me saying that we cant blame him, too many others played badly

13 rider

Guru
No he's not. The man in the suit is retiring…there will be another. From Guardian live blog…
"Some further detail on the fate of Gunnersaurus: it’s not extinction, just hibernation. The costume will return when fans do, but the man who has occupied it since 1993 will not. Jerry Quy, the man behind the mask for more than a quarter of a century, is to retire."
@vickster fancy free entry to all home games 🦖

Top Bottom