The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Oh Lord above, checked online to see how West Ham were getting on half way through the second half to see they were getting tanked 3-0 by Spurs. Just looked a moment ago wondering how many more they'd managed to ship only to see they'd drawn the game 3-3.

What a turn around.
Was a superb comeback and a great strike from lanzini

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Oh Lord above, checked online to see how West Ham were getting on half way through the second half to see they were getting tanked 3-0 by Spurs. Just looked a moment ago wondering how many more they'd managed to ship only to see they'd drawn the game 3-3.

What a turn around.
Mourinho says they were 'lucky'. Classless as always.

Dave7

Legendary Member

What a turn around.
I put it on at 3 nil.
A great come back and terrific 3rd goal.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
VAR was always going to be like this. The Liverpool strike that was disallowed was technically offside, the offside rule is binary and if a any part of a player is 1mm behind the last defender then the letter of the law makes the officials correct in that sense. But that is not what the offside rule is for, it was introduced to stop a forward getting a clear and obvious advantage by "Goal hanging" and over the years the officials have applied the rule sensibly and bar the occasional cock up have largely got the decisions correct. We have now reached the ridiculous stage where a micrometer is being used to measure whether a pimple on somebody's kneecap was beyond the defender, something that gives no advantage whatsoever, and it is turning the game into a farce.

The only use VAR should be put to is in goal line technology where getting the exact precision is fair and accepted by everybody. Otherwise it is complete bollocks which is ruining the game and leaving everybody with a sour taste in their mouths.

What a turn around.
I'm still buzzing after that match.
At 3-0 i thought about turning the tv off,so glad i stuck with it.
We got our reward for sticking with it and not giving up with that great lanzini goal.
Even though spurs are our biggest rivals(and Millwall!) and snatching a point off them was fantastic i have to say kane and son are two brilliant players.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
VAR was always going to be like this. The Liverpool strike that was disallowed was technically offside, the offside rule is binary and if a any part of a player is 1mm behind the last defender then the letter of the law makes the officials correct in that sense. But that is not what the offside rule is for, it was introduced to stop a forward getting a clear and obvious advantage by "Goal hanging" and over the years the officials have applied the rule sensibly and bar the occasional cock up have largely got the decisions correct. We have now reached the ridiculous stage where a micrometer is being used to measure whether a pimple on somebody's kneecap was beyond the defender, something that gives no advantage whatsoever, and it is turning the game into a farce.

The only use VAR should be put to is in goal line technology where getting the exact precision is fair and accepted by everybody. Otherwise it is complete bollocks which is ruining the game and leaving everybody with a sour taste in their mouths.
The photo I saw today makes me doubt the VAR ref. It didn't even look like his elbow was offside. I thought the rule was if 'any part of the body a player can score a goal with' is offside. Well even if his elbow was millimetres offside he's still ok because you can't score a legal goal with your arm.

jowwy is right, 'pool were robbed!

I agree with you about goal line technology. They could implement that by putting cameras in both posts and a couple in the crossbar.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Well made points there imo.
Reading today that Pickford was not red carded as the VAR ref thought that once offside was given than a foul was not counted.
So the ref blows offside and player A can punch B in the face and get away with it.
He should be sacked.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Well made points there imo.
Reading today that Pickford was not red carded as the VAR ref thought that once offside was given than a foul was not counted.
So the ref blows offside and player A can punch B in the face and get away with it.
He should be sacked.
Might make a lot of games more interesting :smile:

Top Bottom