The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The mad thing about having Coote as VAR is that he's already shown he doesn't know what he's doing.
You need to let these things go, you know. Clinging on to resentments like this does you no good at all. Let it go and......relax.....

Stephenite

Membå
Does anyone have any recomendations for online text commentary?

I, often, follow the beeb but it can go several minutes between updates - which is obviously not good enough.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Blimey, just read that Ajax of Amsterdam won 13-0 away from home at VVV-Venlo! 😳

Traoré scored FIVE and had THREE assists!

Maybe the home team were playing on grass and not astroturf.

Not-very-interesting factoid for you, I was 3rd string goalkeeper for VVV Venlo in the 93/94 season. They weren't playing the likes of Ajax in those days mind you.

Not-very-interesting factoid for you, I was 3rd string goalkeeper for VVV Venlo in the 93/94 season. They weren't playing the likes of Ajax in those days mind you.
Curiosity got the better of me but I wasn't able to stalk find you here, or, at least, I was none the wiser! 😉

1603568964817.jpeg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Gosh, I'm not listed on Transfer Market. Clearly I wasn't notable enough!
If you want to stalk further i played for NEC Nijmegen in the 92/93 season as third string keeper, and at the same time I was first team keeper at FC Pfalzdorf in the German non-league who played on Thursday nights, weirdly, so I could play for both.

I got paid 50 Gulders per game in the reserves at the Dutch clubs, it was a nice bonus on top of my day job!

Dave7

Legendary Member
This VAR crap (plus poor refereeing) is doing my head in.
1. Never a pen for Sheffield.
2. How did Chelsea not get in pen when that donkey Maguire decided that a wrestling stranglehold was legit.

PaulB

Legendary Member
This VAR crap (plus poor refereeing) is doing my head in.
1. Never a pen for Sheffield.
2. How did Chelsea not get in pen when that donkey Maguire decided that a wrestling stranglehold was legit.
It'll be the ruination of football. The first call we had at Anfield was greeted with derision. It was a Wolves 'goal' that was given by the referee who then had to stop the game while his decision was reviewed. Now the lads who sit around me in the Kop are knowledgeable and experienced match-goers (all time-served football men) and all were of the opinion that we'd rather see the goal given WITHOUT VAR than not given with it even though that would benefit us in that instance. It was disallowed and the tourists in the Moan stand all cheered while the Kop - that bastion of football wisdom - remained impassive and unimpressed.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The footy thread seems to have faded a bit.
Some big games this weekend.
Everton Vs Utd 'should' be good.
City Vs Lpool tomorrow should also be good and tight...... I think Lpool could win that. What think you ??
Did I just see correctly that Southampton have gone top after beating Newcastle ?
Well done Ralph. Boy, they have sold some top players in recent years (mainly to Lpool ^_^) and are still up there.

Slick

Guru
My team are doing rather well despite throwing away a 2 goal lead against rather good opposition in Portugal. It was actually quite reassuring to see a team who could bring on a 24 million pound substitute celebrating widely after scraping an injury time equaliser against the mighty Rangers. :becool:

Dave7

Legendary Member
My team are doing rather well despite throwing away a 2 goal lead against rather good opposition in Portugal. It was actually quite reassuring to see a team who could bring on a 24 million pound substitute celebrating widely after scraping an injury time equaliser against the mighty Rangers. :becool:
Yes, I follow the fortunes of Rangers and really hope you do well this year.
I want Stevie G to do well..........if only to steal him off you in 4 years.

Slick

Guru
Yes, I follow the fortunes of Rangers and really hope you do well this year.
I want Stevie G to do well..........if only to steal him off you in 4 years.
I think even the most ardent supporters realise he's coming your way at some point.

We're just enjoying the ride for now. 👍

Top Bottom