The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Convincing win by the Villans against Arsenal tonight. Grealish, Barkley and Watkins are really starting to click. If we continue to play like this I think we will have a top ten finish. Arsenal looked toothless and and mediocre.

Ian Wright on MOTD2; "If Villa were walking down the road, they'd be John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever"

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Ian Wright on MOTD2; "If Villa were walking down the road, they'd be John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever"

I thought he was going to cry, Shearer was clearly enjoying rubbing it in :laugh:

We have beaten Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal, it would make my day if we beat Man Utd. The only negative is I think its highly unlikely any fans will make it into Villa Park this season.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
International teams should be composed of lower league players. When your best players run the risk of injuries by taking part in these meaningless nothingnesses, it makes it a joke, or in today's case, a cruel joke.
I can sympathise with that. And another weekend lost in the EPL and the Championship because of a friendly that doesn't matter and a tie in a tournament that nobody cares about.

Of all the club football fans I know, only a small percentage care about the international game anymore. I'm sure many of the "England band" types who go the their games have rarely if ever been inside a league ground.

Slick

Guru
International teams should be composed of lower league players. When your best players run the risk of injuries by taking part in these meaningless nothingnesses, it makes it a joke, or in today's case, a cruel joke.
Scotland team are just years ahead of their time. :sad:

Tonight could be the night though. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
We could certainly have done without that news.
Looking now as though it could be a season ender.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The sweaty socks are through to the Euro 2020 finals. Ending 22 years of hurt. At least their fans are usually good value in a tournament.
It's always a huge pleasure to see the Scots qualify... they may (or more accurately do) hate England, but England fans still like to see Scotland progress and get to these tournaments.

Slick

Guru
Just how good were Scotland tonight? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Top Bottom