The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Excellent, that's how good.

'Mon the Jocks! :okay:
'Mon the crows!
'Mon the fish!
Can you translate that for me please.
Thank you
:rolleyes:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Can you translate that for me please.
Thank you

It was a sketch from "Chewin' the Fat", an excellent Scottish comedy show from years back.
A young activist would go around carrying out minor acts of rebellion in support of what he saw as the underdog... so he'd smash up a scarecrow for example, while shouting out "'mon the crows!" (Come on, the crows!)

Dave7

Legendary Member
It was a sketch from "Chewin' the Fat", an excellent Scottish comedy show from years back.
A young activist would go around carrying out minor acts of rebellion in support of what he saw as the underdog... so he'd smash up a scarecrow for example, while shouting out "'mon the crows!" (Come on, the crows!)
Ahhh I can sleep now ^_^ ^_^
Thanks.

AndyRM

XOXO
I thought we had blown it when we conceded that late goal, which would have been a typically Scottish thing to do. Delighted that we'll be there, it would have been hard to take as a hosting nation if we weren't. Tricky group to get out of mind!

Slick

Guru
Chuffed for Scotland a football loving nation back in the fold, as for Scotland fans hating England as an Englishman living and working in Scotland it's a load of bollocks
I did think of mentioning that but it's like pushing water uphill sometimes so thanks for highlighting that little nugget. :okay:

Stephenite

Membå
Chuffed for Scotland a football loving nation back in the fold, as for Scotland fans hating England as an Englishman living and working in Scotland it's a load of bollocks
I'm chuffed for them too. But after a year of living in Dundee i'd say the scots love to hate the english. It's fair enough.

Edit: In a sporting context, mostly.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
The Premier League has decided to scrap pay per view with all matches aired over different channels. I cannot help but think this is a face saving exercise, after fans boycotted paying to watch games with no fans and no atmosphere. Many just streamed their games over the internet. The Prem and clubs have tried to milk fans for their money whilst offering inferior entertainment. Greed will eventually kill the game if we are not careful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54932314

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm chuffed for them too. But after a year of living in Dundee i'd say the scots love to hate the english. It's fair enough.

Edit: In a sporting context, mostly.
I remember being in an ASDA in Edinburgh in 2000 and they had a football-related competition for that years' European Championships where the winner won ALL 15 shirts hoisted aloft above the shoppers' heads. Fifteen shirts in a sixteen team tournament. Guess which one was missing?

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I remember being in an ASDA in Edinburgh in 2000 and they had a football-related competition where the winner won ALL 15 shirts hoisted aloft above the shoppers' heads. Fifteen shirts in a sixteen team tournament. Guess which one was missing?
Costa Rica?

Top Bottom