The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Agreed that VAR is (still) ridiculous- I'd say an excellent idea badly implemented- but at the same time it cost Southampton a draw, so certainly not all bad ;)
VAR should never have been imposed on the game and will be the death of football for the traditional fan. The computer generation who can play the game they want how they want and when they want have got it all their own way. To them, VAR is simply a carry-over from the way they see football - through a screen. It won't be long before the actual players are done away with and titanic battles will occur played by two single combatants seated thousands of miles apart twiddling with computer joysticks (it may not be joysticks but some other peripheral that's irrelevant to me) watched by millions of avid 'supporters' in rival camps.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Yes... I like Steve Bruce (don't ask me why as I am not sure) but is always pleasant when interviewed.

Nice chap, awful manager, under his stewardship Villa played negative lacklustre football, the team was dreadful on the eye. Dean Smith transformed the way we played. I will give Bruce credit for him buying John McGinn, but that's about it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Predictions wanted.
Leeds v Leicester is fizzeling out to a likely draw.
Westaaaam v Lpool ????
WH have turned things around. I am going 1:2 to Liverpool.
Edit
Errrhhh
Can I change my Leeds Leicester prediction :wacko:

Last edited:
Predictions wanted.
Leeds v Leicester is fizzeling out to a likely draw.
Westaaaam v Lpool ????
WH have turned things around. I am going 1:2 to Liverpool.
Edit
Errrhhh
Can I change my Leeds Leicester prediction :wacko:
Big Mo's in for a change! Match 3 of 4 today, its what sundays were made for?

postman

Legendary Member
It's a funny old game.As Jimmy Greaves used to say.Leicester have been playing well.Never expected to come away with 3 points.And it feels more with those below dropping points Sheff are dead and buried so only two places to worry about,and Leeds are going to win more than they lose.Staying up this season,just brilliant.

It's a funny old game.As Jimmy Greaves used to say.Leicester have been playing well.Never expected to come away with 3 points.And it feels more with those below dropping points Sheff are dead and buried so only two places to worry about,and Leeds are going to win more than they lose.Staying up this season,just brilliant.
Great to watch Leeds at the mo, total fearless of the big clubs ^_^

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Spurs still Spursy. And the Seagulls are the last team in the top four divisions to record a home win.

Meanwhile, in Barcelona, some Argentine chap, Lionel something, has scored his 650th goal for the home team. Jordi Alba has just scored…an own goal, to equalise.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Liverpool looking rather like their old (well, a few matches ago…) selves. The City match should be interesting…
Can't see us beating Citeh with our depleted squad tbh. Would love it but can't see it.
Impressive yesterday though. Even Moyes says they just had too much for Westaaaam.

Top Bottom