The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Both teams will be content with the draw (although Eng expected to win).Eng are as good as through, and SCO still have a strong chance.
No-one predicted nil-nil. Conspiracy? ...
And no-one expected England to sit back and play dull football.

It must be in the tea leaves! 😳

:smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A draw wasn't too bad a result for England, one more point and they're through and the four they already have should be enough to get them there even if it's from third place. How you get your points does not matter a damn in the group stages, qualification is all that counts. Scotland HAVE to win their next match and coming away from a game they could have won while being stuck at the bottom on one point was not any sort of victory. To regard it as such shows limited ambition.

A brilliant rear guard effort from the weary Scots , withstanding a continuous onslaught of attacking and fearless wizardry from their English counterparts. Indeed Scotland were lucky to get nil such was the total control and attacking zeal, reminiscent of 1970s Brazil , Nichola sturgeon, James watt,James Clark Maxwell , bill shankley, lord Kelvin , Alexander Graham bell, lougie Baird , your boys took one hell of a beating, or not :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1624170470215.png

Great pic

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM I don't think it was a good result for Scotland.You played well and with a bit of luck you could have come away with three points but with one game to play you are bottom of the table playing against a good Croatia team who also need the points.

Really? After we made a mess of things against the Czech's you don't think a draw was a good result? There are several better sides than us (IMO) who are facing being knocked out.

Spain, for example, have apparently forgotten how to shoot.

I think we'll beat Croatia and I can see England losing to the Czech's.

Slick

Guru
In other news, St Johnstone have been awarded the freedom of the city of Perth after making history by becoming only the second team in Scotland outside the old firm, to do the Cup double in our illustrious history for their most successful season ever. Not my team or my celebration but you can't help but tip your hat in their direction and hope they are able to to turn that into league success next season. 👏👏👏

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Hartlepool are back in the football league having defeated Torquay on penalties in a play off final . Torquay are aggrieved that two goals were ruled out for no logical reason in their view but a case of swings and roundabouts as they got there with an offside goal and very dodgy penalty against Notts County.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Hartlepool are back in the football league having defeated Torquay on penalties in a play off final . Torquay are aggrieved that two goals were ruled out for no logical reason in their view but a case of swings and roundabouts as they got there with an offside goal and very dodgy penalty against Notts County.
And their goalie did an Allison and scored a crucial goal for them!

Well done Wales, first home nation through to the knockout stages. Italy will have easier games than that.
Yup, v pleased for them.
(they almost had a narrow escape; if they had been tied with SWI on goals etc, then that red card would have pushed SWI above them! And a very debateable red card, at that ... )

Now that I've read the rules, a quick poll:

Who else knew that a group could be decided on a penalty shoot-out??

Top Bottom