The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What was the result? I think I fell asleep in the second half.
I listened to it on an old radio on the medium wave frequency (or was it long wave?šŸ¤”) for that 1970's retro effect.:becool: Luckily for me the crackling, 'whooooo'(ing) and the volume going up and down on its own kept me awake!:laugh:

Stephenite

MembƄ
It's going to be auf wiedersehen, at the moment.

Now we just want to France to triompher de Portugal. :smile:

Edit: And we'll be eating gulasj for dinner Tuesday evening.

Groan...

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So,we play our old football foes Deutchland next Tuesday. I'm happy with this. If we'd played Portugal or France instead and gone out i'd have thought shoot,we didn't get the chance of revenge for the Euro 1996 semi final,not forgetting the Italia '90 semi final... and as someone old enough to remember,that cock up against West Germany in Mexico 51 years ago. Well now we have. It's going to be one hell of a game! This is what football is supposed to be about. Not hiding from those you fear,but taking them on! The big question is!!.......can i get all my daily chores done to make it to my local pub for the 5 o clock kick off? :unsure:

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So,we play our old football foes Deutchland next Tuesday. I'm happy with this. If we'd played Portugal or France instead and gone out i'd have thought shoot,we didn't get the chance of revenge for the Euro 1996 semi final,not forgetting the Italia '90 semi final... and as someone old enough to remember,that cock up against West Germany in Mexico 51 years ago. Well now we have. It's going to be one hell of a game! This is what football is supposed to be about. Not hiding from those you fear,but taking them on! The big question is!!.......can i get all my daily chores done to make it to my local pub for the 5 o clock kick off? :unsure:
who gives you the list of daily chores??? surely as an adult you can decide what chores get done, when they get done and what time you feel like finishing to go to the pub??

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Saddened to see the ā€œanyone but Englandā€ attitude of some of my fellow Scots today. And as someone with a genuine affinity with Germany, having seriously considered holidaying there in ā€˜93, I find it a little patronising to myself and my German amigos on our big day.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
who gives you the list of daily chores??? surely as an adult you can decide what chores get done, when they get done and what time you feel like finishing to go to the pub??
I give them to myself. Self discipline is a necessity!!šŸ§ Most aren't major tasks. They are simple daily things like shaving,dog walking,dusting,putting my beer bottles in the recycling bin,replying to posts and emails,daily shopping etc etc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just get up an hour earlier...or do them when you get back from the pub (if that lot really takes all day) :okay:
(let the dust settle for another day, it's a far more satisfying task if there's more dust to annihilate / redistribute) :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just get up an hour earlier...or do them when you get back from the pub (if that lot really takes all day) :okay:
(let the dust settle for another day, it's a far more satisfying task if there's more dust to annihilate / redistribute) :whistle:
I have various get up times. For the last few days I've risen around 7.30 to 8.00. Today I got up at 1.10 pm. I hope I'm not that late next Tuesday!! šŸ¤”

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I dunno ... although I admit i've watched diddly euro club football in recent years!
I love the idea of reducing draws, without using extra time / pens. The best games in the Euro groups have been where both sides want/need a win.
But I do see their points, and it's a thorny issue. :scratcheschin
The rule was introduced in 1965 and it was understandable as to why. As the article explains, playing abroad was a much more problamatic thing than it is now, and before the backpass rule and changes to the offside law (Which used to be that two players plus the goalkeeper had to be goalside of the last player when the ball was played to him) have made it much harder for an away team to "Park the bus" and kill the game. I think the change was long overdue.

In fact I'd go further - ninety minutes and straight to penalties (Though this may be influenced by the fact that I work in a newsagents and extra time on an 8pm kick off mean late printing of the papers, all the delivery boys having to go to school before we get them and me being stuck with five paper rounds to do).

Top Bottom