The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And as someone with a genuine affinity with Germany, having seriously considered holidaying there in ‘93,
I can trump that. My grandma (on my dad's side) came with her parents to Blackburn Lancs from 'the fatherland' as a 4 year old in 1904,when her dad was a much needed 'Tackler' in the local cotton mills. A Tackler is/was a engineer/mechanic who fixed the looms,for those who don't know. She never mentioned her homeland,most likely because of the 2 world wars,but my dad told me she had cousins in Germany who'd fought and probably died in world war one.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well the Italians started that one thousands of years ago always boasting about stuff. Julius Ceasar I believe it was. 'We killed 50,000 in the Gallic wars.' only to be corrected by Crassus who reminded him there were only about 25,000 of their enemies on the battlefield. 'Ah, you forget, away Gauls count double in Europe!'

It's no wonder they stabbed him.

carpiste

Guru
Just got back from a 27 mile ride to see the 3rd goal, followed by the sending off and then the 4th goal!
Mrs C said they were really badly beaten but, to be fair, they did really well to get where they did.... certainly out-did Scotland!

postman

Legendary Member
For Welsh cyclists only.What is the difference between an egg and Denmark.You can beat an egg but you can't beat Denmark.

Slick

Guru
Just got back from a 27 mile ride to see the 3rd goal, followed by the sending off and then the 4th goal!
Mrs C said they were really badly beaten but, to be fair, they did really well to get where they did.... certainly out-did Scotland!
Certainly quite an achievement. :okay:

Oh dear! I know that feeling ....

AndyRM

XOXO
An even (and entertaining) game until the sending off. I still enjoyed it after too, neither side held back.

Absolutely the right decision for de Ligt to go; I'm not sure why the ref needed VAR to help out, it was so obvious.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak