The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
He is undoubtedly a good player, but one who has turned falling down into an art form.

Either that or he is so much better than other players that the only way international class defenders can deal with him is by fouling him.

I know which one my money is on.

Referee's could save so much time by just blowing for a foul when the ball is played to him.

Scaleyback

Veteran
I like Gareth Southgate, I think he is a ' good man' and based on his England results, even a good football manager. However, I think his recent stewardship is 'tainting' his legacy.
England, historically do not do well in tournaments in hot climates,
understandable really I suppose ? you cannot acclimatise in a few days. So why with a squad of 26 in hot conditions would you put such a heavy 'workload' on the same 11 players who started both games ? On his day and if fit Harry Kane is a great player. Kane's finishing and especially his distribution are world class. Conte, his manager said on 10th nov he (Kane) was "really, really tired" ! that is evidenced by Kane's performance in the 1st two games. Still he played the entire two games. Does Southgate feel 'obliged' to maximise Kane's chances of scoring the 2 goals needed to catch Rooney's England scoring record ? or doesn't he trust the squad players he selected. The difference in the energy and 'drive' shown by the likes of USA, Ecuador, KSA etc is a revelation compared to a lethargic England.
The possession football England are 'attempting' to play leaves players reluctant to attempt an incisive forward pass and risk losing the ball resulting in 'crab like' sideways football. For goodness sake tell the young 'tyros' i.e Saka, Bellingham, Foden etc to ' go for it' give us 60 mins of high energy football and then use your substitutes.
I never thought we would/could win this World cup but please let's play some high energy, attacking, attractive (I hope) football to remember.

There you go ... Euros pint!
20210617_153113.jpg

Fair play, don't get over Hoole way much, currently in the Union Vaults in town, going to finish off in the Shropshire before getting the bus home.

Going back a long long time (when the bike shop was in Hoole and Bernard Lewis Ice Cream) always used to go there for our take away, I think it was an Indian?

I like the Joules ale in the Cross Keys, closed the last time I ambled down there though? So forced into Bear & Billet.
That Beer Place on Foregate St is a good laugh, huge selection :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
This current game is shite

AndyRM

XOXO
France seem well on top, they're just not taking their chances.

M'Bappe and Griezmann sound like they're running the show.

A mere 3 minutes of added time at the end of the first half!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
France seem well on top, they're just not taking their chances.

M'Bappe and Griezmann sound like they're running the show.

A mere 3 minutes of added time at the end of the first half!

Must be listening to a different game

Top Bottom