The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
It's being said that provided England do not lose by 4 goals or more to Wales they will go through but as England are on 4 and Wales on -2 losing by 3 would put them both on 1 so what happens then especially if the USA beat Iran by one goal making it three teams on the same points with the same goal difference. Probably hypothetical given Wales so far look less likely to score than England (penalties excepted).

It's being said that provided England do not lose by 4 goals or more to Wales they will go through but as England are on 4 and Wales on -2 losing by 3 would put them both on 1 so what happens then especially if the USA beat Iran by one goal making it three teams on the same points with the same goal difference. Probably hypothetical given Wales so far look less likely to score than England (penalties excepted).

The only way we cannot qualify is if Wales beat us by 6 goals?
Screenshot_20221125_231810.jpg

Alex321

Veteran
The only way we cannot qualify is if Wales beat us by 6 goals?
View attachment 669144

False.

The current difference between the two teams is 6 goals, but every goal in the game between them reduces or increases that difference by 2. So a 3-0 win for Wales means both have the same GD (which would be 1).

Not sure whether it is total goals, or the result between the teams which is counted next when equal on goals and GD, but it is usually the latter.

False.

The current difference between the two teams is 6 goals, but every goal in the game between them reduces or increases that difference by 2. So a 3-0 win for Wales means both have the same GD (which would be 1).

Not sure whether it is total goals, or the result between the teams which is counted next when equal on goals and GD, but it is usually the latter.

Sorry, spot on ... thats wishful thinking for you :laugh:

Grant.

Wales -2 GD If Wales win 4-0 becomes +2

England +4 would become 0

If Wales won 3-0 they would both have +1 but I think it then goes on goals scored which would still be advantage England.

Trust me even as a life long Wales fan these scenarios won't happen.

Unlikely, but 1-0 v us and other match drawn, bingo!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Groups decided on,. In this order:
Goals scored
Head to head
Convoluted formula of yellow and red cards
Draw lots

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Lovely interview with KdB.

We see him walking with his family down the park sometimes.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-manchester-city-belgium-world-cup-home-life

It's what the game's turned into though. Grealish is known for it and was falling all over the place yesterday.

He is undoubtedly a good player, but one who has turned falling down into an art form.

Either that or he is so much better than other players that the only way international class defenders can deal with him is by fouling him.

I know which one my money is on.

Top Bottom