The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Can't see us beating France if we get that far, still better than being out or not even getting there I would imagine.

but then you would also be out........

Sorry, was busy picking the remains of my TV out of the downstairs neighbour's garden.
That top does look good, but I might hang on and buy a France top, just in case you lot manage to fluke another win to reach the quarter final, where in all likelihood, France await. Beat them and I might start to get a little bit concerned.
But saw little tonight that will worry France. Possibly not even Senegal. Wales were very poor. Iran the same. And you drew with USA.. :okay:

Happy St Andrews Day! May it bring your team(s) the result they crave.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
WOW...the smallest qualifying country in the world cup is out.......what a benchmark to beat hey

Do you mean smallest by Population, or by land area?

Qatar has smaller population than Wales, and, smaller Land Area.

AndyRM

XOXO
and deny the smaller countries the right to qualify....thats equality for you hey

Brevity really isn't your thing, is it?

Wales did well to qualify, anything more than that would have been a bonus.

Pretty much what I felt when Scotland reached the Euros; at least we took a point off England :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
But Qatar didn't need to qualify, being the hosts.

Indeed Wales qualifying was a great achievement. Population isn't strictly the best measure, but a decent guide. e.g. Uruguay has a similar / marginally bigger population, but football is its national sport so will almost certainly have a bigger pool of active qualified footballers. Wales's "population" will be be supplemented by many Welsh footballers who don't reside in Wales.

Hard to argue the Iceland was definitely the "smallest" nation to qualify for a world cup though, in 2018.

Northern Ireland will also have had a smaller population and smaller pool of qualified footballers than Wales on the 3 occasions they qualified

Top Bottom