The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Brilliant game between liverpool and city in the caraboa…..two best teams in europe without a doubt

15 points off the top of the EPL does not support your claim re Liverpool - more than a touch of fan bias there.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
How many champions league finals have they all been to in the last 5yrs compared to liverpool or cup wins or titles……i rest my case. 15pts off the top in prem maybe, but in the last 16 in europe……

a few bad games, dont make you a bad team……

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I salute your relentless red-tinted optimism but objectively, right now, Liverpool are emphatically not one of the best two teams in Europe.

They are good on the night but not that good overall.

4 draws and 4 losses at the 14 game mark in the EPL is really not a 'few bad games'. For a team with Liverpool's undeniable talent and overarching vision, that is a fricking disaster and not indicative of a team residing in the top-drawer of European football.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Surely only Bobby Charlton and Geoff Hurst are left now.🤔

1671800108390.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52184395

Alex321

Veteran
How many champions league finals have they all been to in the last 5yrs compared to liverpool or cup wins or titles……i rest my case. 15pts off the top in prem maybe, but in the last 16 in europe……

a few bad games, dont make you a bad team……

The premiership is as good a measure as there is of how good a top English team are. Liverpool aren't even in the top 4 in England. How on earth you can think they are "undoubtedly" one of the top two in Europe is beyond anybody who isn't a committed Liverpool fan.

"A fe bad games" indeed doesn't make you a bad team. But 16 points dropped in your first 14 premiership games certainly doesn't indicate a great team at present.

What they have won in the last 5 years isn't very relevant to what they are this season.

jowwy

Yet people think arsenal, newcatle, spurs, united are better than us, just because they have spent a few weeks higher than us in the league………dear dear me

and this season is far from over yet. But as we all know football is very much a game of opinions and in my opinion they are in the top two in europe.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Yet people think arsenal, newcatle, spurs, united are better than us, just because they have spent a few weeks higher than us in the league………dear dear me

They will be spending a good few weeks more higher than you, given how many points behind you are.

But the point is not that those teams are necessarily better than Liverpool. It is that there is absolutely certainly a lot of doubt about whether Liverpool are one of the two best teams in England at the moment. Never mind one of the two best in Europe.

You said "two best teams in europe without a doubt" and there is most certainly plenty doubt about whether they are right now.

Surely only Bobby Charlton and Geoff Hurst are left now.🤔

View attachment 672040

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52184395

That's a lovely pic Accy!

jowwy

They will be spending a good few weeks more higher than you, given how many points behind you are.

But the point is not that those teams are necessarily better than Liverpool. It is that there is absolutely certainly a lot of doubt about whether Liverpool are one of the two best teams in England at the moment. Never mind one of the two best in Europe.

You said "two best teams in europe without a doubt" and there is most certainly plenty doubt about whether they are right now.

No doubt in my eyes…..

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sadly all in it are gone now:sad:, but as we know death is part of life. That'll be Bobby Moore behind the late Queen, I presume.

It will be.

I feel very saddened by the news today, being one of the minority of people who were around back then and old enough at the time to appreciate the importance of the occasion. Every one of that team had to find a job when they finished playing, Geoff Hurst selling insurance door to door to name just one.

That was a different time. Merely making an appearance for England in a friendly now means you are either already a millionaire or on your way to becoming one.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It will be.

I feel very saddened by the news today, being one of the minority of people who were around back then and old enough at the time to appreciate the importance of the occasion. Every one of that team had to find a job when they finished playing, Geoff Hurst selling insurance door to door to name just one.

That was a different time. Merely making an appearance for England in a friendly now means you are either already a millionaire or on your way to becoming one.

Well, look at the late, great Tom Finney. Training in the morning, then working for the family plumbing business in the afternoon. He was still plumbing when he was a regular England international! What will Jack Grealish do after training, besides visiting his beauty parlour!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom