The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
It's been a while.,( since I posted , not since I went to the football )

Good to get back to games after the world Cup break.
Two home games at Celtic Park this week.
Wednesday and today.
6 points .
VAR is proving to be a real pain.
Decisions are taking far too long.
It's turned it into a 100 minute game.

Cycling to both was enjoyable. Weather was pretty good for December.

I cancelled sky sports and bt sport before the world cup. Boo hoo.

AndyRM

XOXO
so in that case you believe newcastle to be better and arsenal…….i feel sorry for you lot i honestly do.

Newcastle are third in the EPL. Arsenal are top.

Liverpool are nowhere near either of them. And certainly aren't a top European side.

Killie are doing their usual of wandering around the basement of the SPL. We're playing Aberdeen on Wednesday, who we have an absolutely horrific record against. I'm not optimistic about it.

Slick

Guru

Liverpool are nowhere near either of them. And certainly aren't a top European side.

Killie are doing their usual of wandering around the basement of the SPL. We're playing Aberdeen on Wednesday, who we have an absolutely horrific record against. I'm not optimistic about it.

At least Killie showed a bit of resilience against Motherwell, who are no mugs at home.

Aberdeen wouldn't have really been expected to take anything from the old firm, but the manner in which they played in both, suggests they are woeful right now and defeat to St Mirren yesterday kind of confirms that.

Killie might have an horrific previous record against them, but they are very much there for the taking right now.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
And there we have it in your 2nd paragraph……..form is temporary

also liverpool may drop to 7th at lunctime boxing day if brighton beat southampton, but liverpool will go back to 6th with a win over aston villa in the evening kick off.

chelsea dont play til the following day, as for the teams on 19pts, they all have played 1 more game than liverpool and are all on minus goal difference compared to liverpools plus 11.

as for the two best teams in europe maybe its pushing that comment bit far in citys case as they have never done anything in europe, but liverpool are and will always be european royalty……have won more european trophies than any other premier league club.

PS….why is that everyone takes every comment in this place so literal and love to try and belittle people, why cant a comment just be made in jest or tongue in cheek, without someone making some statement of how it may not be true….some people need to ask santa for a giggling pin for xmas, cause some of you desperately need one.

The point I took literally was your post saying City and Liverpool are the two best teams in Europe. If we're talking "teams" Liverpool are not currently in the best two, and could be on the wane. As a club then, yes, Liverpool are right up there with the best over decades and City, in my view, are Johnny come latelys, it takes decades to build a pedigree. If you look back you'll see I have often praised Liverpool as "a proper football club." The difficulty here is you say one thing and then try to change your meaning to another when people pick you up on it. You should be clear if you're discussing the team or the club, there's a real distinction.

As for 6th place. I'm hoping my lot, Rovers, will at least finish 6th in the Championship. If Rovers were 6th today I'd view the five teams within three points of us as direct competition. I'd be worried if we lost to the 12th placed side putting them only a point behind. Liverpool's 6th spot doesn't look very comfortable.

Chislenko

Veteran
At least Killie showed a bit of resilience against Motherwell, who are no mugs at home.

Aberdeen wouldn't have really been expected to take anything from the old firm, but the manner in which they played in both, suggests they are woeful right now and defeat to St Mirren yesterday kind of confirms that.

Killie might have an horrific previous record against them, but they are very much there for the taking right now.

My Scottish team, the mighty Rovers from Coatbridge have slipped to bottom of league two.

The annual battle to stay in the division continues, although I think this season may be one too far.

I feel the Lowland league is calling to join the likes of Berwick and Cowdenbeath, both of whom show no signs of coming back up.

Just out of interest how does the Lowland League work as it contains Rangers / Celtic / Hearts B teams. I presume they are not allowed promotion and it would go to the highest placed "normal football club"

AndyRM

XOXO
My Scottish team, the mighty Rovers from Coatbridge have slipped to bottom of league two.

The annual battle to stay in the division continues, although I think this season may be one too far.

I feel the Lowland league is calling to join the likes of Berwick and Cowdenbeath, both of whom show no signs of coming back up.

Just out of interest how does the Lowland League work as it contains Rangers / Celtic / Hearts B teams. I presume they are not allowed promotion and it would go to the highest placed "normal football club"

The B teams aren't allowed to be promoted or relegated.

While it works as a set up in Europe. It doesn't in Scotland. But that's because our league set up is governed by fools.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

You should write comedy……liverpool arent a top european side, pull the other it plays jingle bells

tell me what round of the european cups arsenal and newcastle are playing in this season???

Slick

Guru

As Andy says, no relegation or promotion and I think the point was to blood young talent without the pressure of needing a result. It replaced the old second string matches that was more commonly used as punishment for players not towing the line or coming back from injury. It was also supposed to increase awareness of the league and maybe generate a bit of cash for teams in that league. It was voted in by all the league teams, although not all were in favour and I think it has been extended to next season as well.

AndyRM

XOXO
You should write comedy……liverpool arent a top european side, pull the other it plays jingle bells

tell me what round of the european cups arsenal and newcastle are playing in this season???

Top European sides don't get gubbed by Lyon. And don't lose to Leeds. Or Nottingham Forest. Which is to take nothing away from either of those clubs.

Arsenal have beaten your side too. So have Man Utd.

There's no denying LIverpool's pedigree in Europe, but they are very, very far from being a top two side.

jowwy

Top European sides don't get gubbed by Lyon. And don't lose to Leeds. Or Nottingham Forest. Which is to take nothing away from either of those clubs.

Arsenal have beaten your side too. So have Man Utd.

There's no denying LIverpool's pedigree in Europe, but they are very, very far from being a top two side.

So city not a top european side the as they lost to brentford and liverpool twice this season already, going by your reasoning…..

and when did liverpool lose to lyon, was that a friendly in dubai by any chance with half our team at the world cup.

shows how much of a joke your post is, told you to write comedy.

AndyRM

XOXO
So city not a top european side the as they lost to brentford and liverpool twice this season already, going by your reasoning…..

and when did liverpool lose to lyon, was that a friendly in dubai by any chance with half our team at the world cup.

shows how much of a joke your post is, told you to write comedy.

It's not reasoning. it's just facts.

Liverpool are not a top two club in Europe right now. You're welcome to that opinion. Mine is that you're totally wrong,

jowwy

It's not reasoning. it's just facts.

Liverpool are not a top two club in Europe right now. You're welcome to that opinion. Mine is that you're totally wrong,

and by your reasoning neither are man city……or real madrid for that matter, as they lost too rayo vallecona and rb liepzig, barcelona cant be cause they lost too real madrid, bayern munich and inter milan…..it cant be napoli as they lost too liverpool, cant be juventus as they have lost too psg, benfica, maccabi haifi and ac milan…

i mean the list goes on….i mean if liverpool cant be in the top two cost they lost games then neither can any of the above including city, arsenal, chelsea, newcastle, man utd, chelsea……cause they have all lost games this season

see how silly you now look.

Alex321

Veteran
and by your reasoning neither are man city……or real madrid for that matter, as they lost too rayo vallecona and rb liepzig, barcelona cant be cause they lost too real madrid, bayern munich and inter milan…..it cant be napoli as they lost too liverpool, cant be juventus as they have lost too psg, benfica, maccabi haifi and ac milan…

i mean the list goes on….i mean if liverpool cant be in the top two cost they lost games then neither can any of the above including city, arsenal, chelsea, newcastle, man utd, chelsea……cause they have all lost games this season

see how silly you now look.

He doesn't look the slightest bit silly, but you certainly do.

He never for one moment suggested that if a team loses a game or two then they can't be in the top 2 in Europe.

But Liverpool haven't just lost the odd game or two, and are well behind others in the English Premier division.

It is very hard to argue that a team that isn't even in the top 4 in their own league can possibly currently be one of the top two teams in Europe.

There is one person making themselves look very silly here, and it isn't Andy.

Stephenite

Membå
And there we have it in your 2nd paragraph……..form is temporary

also liverpool may drop to 7th at lunctime boxing day if brighton beat southampton, but liverpool will go back to 6th with a win over aston villa in the evening kick off.

chelsea dont play til the following day, as for the teams on 19pts, they all have played 1 more game than liverpool and are all on minus goal difference compared to liverpools plus 11.

as for the two best teams in europe maybe its pushing that comment bit far in citys case as they have never done anything in europe, but liverpool are and will always be european royalty……have won more european trophies than any other premier league club.

PS….why is that everyone takes every comment in this place so literal and love to try and belittle people, why cant a comment just be made in jest or tongue in cheek, without someone making some statement of how it may not be true….some people need to ask santa for a giggling pin for xmas, cause some of you desperately need one.
He’s not being serious. It’s a wind-up.

Top Bottom