The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
"You will never win anything with kids"
LFC seem to be doing OK at the moment.
They rode their luck 1st half against Southampton but got better as the game went on.......3 nil....good result.

Mike_P

Guru
Of the four matches on TV (BBC1, ITV2, ITV4, BBC red button/iPlayer) last night Chelsea Leeds (ITV4) was the best match for the neutral.

Slick

Guru
A good 3 points for Rangers last night in a venue where 3 points is far from guaranteed.

I'm sure @AndyRM would have seen it very differently as there were a couple of semi contentious moments and as I was away, I only saw the highlights but for me, that was never a penalty. We had to work even harder after that and 2 great goals were enough in the end to keep us top of the league.

postman

Legendary Member
"You will never win anything with kids"
LFC seem to be doing OK at the moment.
They rode their luck 1st half against Southampton but got better as the game went on.......3 nil....good result.
Seen the highlights this morning,Southampton wasteful with their chances Liverpool clinical with theirs.

AndyRM

XOXO
A good 3 points for Rangers last night in a venue where 3 points is far from guaranteed.

I'm sure @AndyRM would have seen it very differently as there were a couple of semi contentious moments and as I was away, I only saw the highlights but for me, that was never a penalty. We had to work even harder after that and 2 great goals were enough in the end to keep us top of the league.

It was never a free kick either in the lead up to Rangers' second goal. We switched off and looked all over the place, but FFS play the whistle!

It is what it is, but I feel that we we deserved a point.

Slick

Guru
It was never a free kick either in the lead up to Rangers' second goal. We switched off and looked all over the place, but FFS play the whistle!

It is what it is, but I feel that we we deserved a point.

Two cracking goals from a Rangers perspective and its all about points for us now.

Hopefully you will fair better against the other mob. :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Delusions of grandeur or what!!! :rolleyes:

Wayne Rooney: Former Birmingham boss dreams of managing Man Utd or Everton in the next 10 years​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68431354

Mind you, it does say 'dreams of'. As we know dreams are mostly just that, not actual happenings.

What'll be next? Frank Lampard: Former Derby boss dreams of managing Man City or Real Madrid in the next ten years :whistle:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Delusions of grandeur or what!!! :rolleyes:

Wayne Rooney: Former Birmingham boss dreams of managing Man Utd or Everton in the next 10 years​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68431354

Mind you, it does say 'dreams of'. As we know dreams are mostly just that, not actual happenings.

What'll be next? Frank Lampard: Former Derby boss dreams of managing Man City or Real Madrid in the next ten years :whistle:

Seemed to me like it was a bit of a "banter" style comment. Rooney isn't daft enough to think he's going to be getting the Man Utd or Everton job any time soon, although he does have a habit of managing basket case clubs. I don't think he did too badly at Derby, given the circumstances. Birmingham was an error though, felt like the owners had one eye on some kind of TV special.

I don't think Lampard did badly at Derby either, or Chelsea.

It does make me laugh that the media swings from "Give young English managers a chance", then things don't go exactly to plan and they get slaughtered for it. Graham Potter is the most recent victim of that who I can think of.

Depending on how things end up for Newcastle this season, Howe's jacket might be on a shoogly peg.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_1812.jpeg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A good day for Pompey. The four clubs behind all won, but so did we…still seven clear (though Bolton still have a game in hand).

Top Bottom