The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
View attachment 730556

From scraping through the Championship, narrowly avoiding relegation on our return to the top flight to the Europa League qualifiers in two seasons.

Quite a turnaround after the almighty implosion following Steve Clarke's departure.
Yeah well done. :thumbsup:

Alex321

Veteran
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c72ppjmrp3jo

I was talking to a Spurs fan yesterday.
he was adamant that he wants Tottenham will throw the game against Man City to stop Arsenal winning the league.

I know a few with that sort of attitude, but I've never understood it.

They aren't just "for" their team, but are so strongly "against" certain other teams that they would rather their team lose if it stops the other team winning something.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'd question anyone who claimed to be a fan who didn't want their team to win a game.

Depending on who you support there's grounds for caution over blind optimism of course, but a Spurs fan wanting to chuck a game just to hurt Arsenal is a joke.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Big Ange was still all out for a win!

Its all bollox as Spurs can still overall Villa for 4th place champs league spot, and be overhauled by Newcastle for 5th place if the also lost on Saturday. Of course they want to win the game tonight.

Dave7

Legendary Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c72ppjmrp3jo

I was talking to a Spurs fan yesterday.
he was adamant that he wants Tottenham will throw the game against Man City to stop Arsenal winning the league.

Beyond me that. Professional footballers (probably ANY footballer) wants to win. Can't believe Spurs will not go down fighting.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It's half time and 0-0 all around.Two second legs to come.i have got me heart pills.

I saw this today and it made me smile, amongst other emotions.

Do you think we'll do it?

IMG_0693.jpeg

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
i am going out tonight to a football free zone.I will see the result when i come in.i cannot keep looking at the BBC app.i might break something valuable here in Meanwood,due to frustration.Don used to say keep them quiet for the first twenty mins,i can see Leeds being 1-0 down inside ten mins,truly but coming back late on.

Dave7

Legendary Member
So.......tomorrow we say a sad farewell to Jugen Clopp.
As a lifelong Lpool fan I will really miss him. Lots of football fans will miss him as a breath of fresh air.
TBH I will shed some tears as my wife (passed away in June) was a massive fan but won't be here to witness it, really sad.
I was here for the Shankly era and what a character he was.

Top Bottom