The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
[QUOTE 3098645, member: 30090"]Go Atletico & Simone, sprit eventually triumphs over souless talent every time.[/QUOTE]

With you on that one.

Doseone

Guru
[QUOTE 3098842, member: 30090"].....QPR to be docked 10 points within the next two seasons.[/QUOTE]
Now that actually wouldn't surprise me. I've had concerns about how they would fair under FFP for a while. Points docked and a fine are possible, maybe even likely, but administration? Not while Tony, Ahmit, Reuben etc are in charge.

Good viewing, Bale would have been torn to pieces tomorrow if Real had gone out with the chances he had, luckily he got the goal that changed it late on.

I think Courtois had a poor game but the experience will do him good.

Diego's tactics were poor in the end, they looked on the ropes from about 70mins on and never recovered.

AndyRM

XOXO
Good viewing, Bale would have been torn to pieces tomorrow if Real had gone out with the chances he had, luckily he got the goal that changed it late on.

I think Courtois had a poor game but the experience will do him good.

Diego's tactics were poor in the end, they looked on the ropes from about 70mins on and never recovered.

Agree on Bale, but not your two other points.

Courtois could have done nothing about Ramos' equaliser or Bale's effort. He should have saved Marcelo's strike but overall he had a good game and was let down by his defence.

Not sure there was much wrong with Atletico tactically either. They defended their lead admirably.

Ultimately the (just) better side won, but the scoreline flatters Real.

AndyRM

XOXO
That's every final this season where my team has lost!:sad: Sunderland,Benfica,Hull City,Derby and now Athletico Madrid! Don't let me down England!!:whistle:

I suggest you prepare for further disappointment...

That's quite a collection of teams you follow by the way, I'd be interested in your reasons as I like an equally random selection of club sides.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I suggest you prepare for further disappointment...

That's quite a collection of teams you follow by the way, I'd be interested in your reasons as I like an equally random selection of club sides.

Sunderland are my north east side(as well as the Beddlington Terriers), Benfica are my Portuguese side as they play in Accy Stanley red,and i've seen them play at home,Hull were up against Arsenalxx(,I wanted Derby to win as they came third above QPR,and i dislike Real because they're the Man Utd of Spain,plus Atletico are a small club in comparison to the usual who make it to the Champions League final! I hope this explains it all.:thumbsup:

AndyRM

XOXO
Sunderland are my north east side(as well as the Beddlington Terriers), Benfica are my Portuguese side as they play in Accy Stanley red,and i've seen them play at home,Hull were up against Arsenalxx(,I wanted Derby to win as they came third above QPR,and i dislike Real because they're the Man Utd of Spain,plus Atletico are a small club in comparison to the usual who make it to the Champions League final! I hope this explains it all.:thumbsup:

It does, and I like your reasons.

Kilmarnock are the team I support by way of a rarely used season ticket. This is a hereditary thing. I had a brief dalliance with Hearts in my youth, but the shame in my father's eyes was unbearable.

Norwich are the team I like most in England as my in-laws and several friends support them. Friends and family also support Newcastle and Aston Villla so I have similar sympathies with them as well.

Further afield I'm a fan of Juventus because Del Piero's abilities seemed incredible to me when younger. And I like LA Galaxy purely because I spent formative years in California and watching them pretend at football was less tedious than baseball.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It does, and I like your reasons.

Kilmarnock are the team I support by way of a rarely used season ticket. This is a hereditary thing. I had a brief dalliance with Hearts in my youth, but the shame in my father's eyes was unbearable.

Norwich are the team I like most in England as my in-laws and several friends support them. Friends and family also support Newcastle and Aston Villla so I have similar sympathies with them as well.

Further afield I'm a fan of Juventus because Del Piero's abilities seemed incredible to me when younger. And I like LA Galaxy purely because I spent formative years in California and watching them pretend at football was less tedious than baseball.

They compared Atletico(Athletico sound better) to Norwich on the radio saying Atletico had spent less on players than Norwich pre season. They were up against players who earn more each year than their players cost to buy i suppose! We had some Athletico fans at our play off games a few years ago. They came over to support Accy because they'd seen a you tube video of Stanley fans singing one of their songs(Dale Cavese) so they wanted to show us how it was done properly! Proper fans and happy memories,such a shame we couldn't celebrate with them tonight!

Last edited:
Top Bottom