The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Holloway can indeed open his book of tactical revelations but I don't think it's necessary, one look at the 2 squads and wage bills will show you which manager is the "achiever" here! Blackpool play a quick passing attacking game with both wing backs and midfielders instructed to take risks, i.e. get in the box. Of course it doesn't always come off and when behind they can be picked off too easily, but, it is thrilling to watch and why most of neutrals will want Blackpool to win. Holloway had an epiphany whilst out of work and decided never to be pragmatic again, he'd make sure his next team put entertainment and the paying customer first, he's since had his biggest success and it's also why Blackpool are having their best 3 seasons in half a century.
Everything you say is right, but in the harsh reality of the Premier League it isn't going to work. You can't overwhelm teams like you can in the lower divisions unless you have a side of top class internationals which Blackpool don't, so unless they learn to park the bus to protect a lead they're going to lose a lot of thrilling games.

MarkF

Guru
Everything you say is right, but in the harsh reality of the Premier League it isn't going to work. You can't overwhelm teams like you can in the lower divisions unless you have a side of top class internationals which Blackpool don't, so unless they learn to park the bus to protect a lead they're going to lose a lot of thrilling games.

I know, even the bottom PL clubs have plenty of internationals, so, you have a choice. Try to win, accepting defeats as part and parcel of the pursuit of 3 points, hoping to get enough points to stop up whilst entertaining your customers. Or, go down anyway with nothing positive to take from the whole 9 months............. like Wolves. I know which I prefer.

I know, even the bottom PL clubs have plenty of internationals, so, you have a choice. Try to win, accepting defeats as part and parcel of the pursuit of 3 points, hoping to get enough points to stop up whilst entertaining your customers. Or, go down anyway with nothing positive to take from the whole 9 months............. like Wolves. I know which I prefer.
We should be OK now we've appointed stale old bacon Stale Solbakken as our new manager:wacko:

MarkF

Guru
How many more is there?

Yeah, that one, the one that just got sacked for taking Cologne down. ^_^

What are Wolves on? Sacking a good manager, expanding a ground whilst going down, appointing a good manager's lackey to succeed the good manager..........what was wrong with Paul Ince?

Yeah, that one, the one that just got sacked for taking Cologne down. ^_^

What are Wolves on? Sacking a good manager, expanding a ground whilst going down, appointing a good manager's lackey to succeed the good manager..........what was wrong with Paul Ince?
Don't ask me, we lot are as confused as everybody else, being a Wolves fan lately is torturous .

Holloway can indeed open his book of tactical revelations but I don't think it's necessary, one look at the 2 squads and wage bills will show you which manager is the "achiever" here! Blackpool play a quick passing attacking game with both wing backs and midfielders instructed to take risks, i.e. get in the box. Of course it doesn't always come off and when behind they can be picked off too easily, but, it is thrilling to watch and why most of neutrals will want Blackpool to win. Holloway had an epiphany whilst out of work and decided never to be pragmatic again, he'd make sure his next team put entertainment and the paying customer first, he's since had his biggest success and it's also why Blackpool are having their best 3 seasons in half a century.

No you don't, that is not how Manchester United play and you know it, were you complaining when you were winning titles in exactly the same cavalier fashion?

Spot on Mark F. Until Holloway is in charge of a squad of players who aren't on a shoestring budget, then we can all have a go at his tactical know how. Until then, he deserves some credit.

At the QPR he worked miracles getting us out of League 1 with a very average squad and I find it strange that under one of the roundabout managerial times we've had over the past few years that Ian Evatt, for one, was let go of by QPR when we were a below average championship side. He's still playing for the Tangerines now and played in the Prem last year.

Holloway is a galvaniser and a true legend if you ask me.

In regards to Sunday anything can happen but Bolton are the ones who deserve to go down, not us given the last few months of football. FWIW I don't think we'll get anything at the Etihad but I can't see Bolton winning, Stoke will be too awkward for a side that threw away two games in hand and then a 2-0 lead at home with 15 minutes to go...

I hope I'm not wrong.

Stephenite

Membå
Don't knock Ståle!

He does wonders with very average sides. I've been folowing him since I moved to Norway and started supporting Ham-Kam. He transformed the club. When he was "poached" by København he went on to win how many titles?!

No manager could have made a success of Køln. A club in the middle of self-imploding under the pressure of incompetent leadership. (a la AVB?)

He'll do a very good job at Wolves, I reckon.

-
Tip for tomorrow: Bitters win 4-0

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Surely, if Blackpool go up, they will have just a little more cash than they had last time round?

Don't knock Ståle!

He does wonders with very average sides. I've been folowing him since I moved to Norway and started supporting Ham-Kam. He transformed the club. When he was "poached" by København he went on to win how many titles?!

No manager could have made a success of Køln. A club in the middle of self-imploding under the pressure of incompetent leadership. (a la AVB?)

He'll do a very good job at Wolves, I reckon.

-
Tip for tomorrow: Bitters win 4-0
Thanks Stephenite, the hopes of thousands of Wolves fans hang on your words.:smile:

Top Bottom