The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Sad to hear that Howard Kendall has died at the age of 69.

Yes, one of my boyhood idols and someone who also brought me and many others much joy in the 1980s. Many a tear was shed on Saturday, a very sad day indeed at Goodison Park. I have never seen a capacity crowd for a big game like that so subdued, some of the loudest chants were ones of "There's only one Howard Kendall". A lovely few words said by Gary Lineker at the end of MOTD as well.

RIP Howie x

U

User482

Rather young.

In 1964 he became the then youngest player to appear in a cup final when he turned out for Preston against West Ham.

My childhood best friend was an Everton nut - the period from '84 to '87 was terrific for both our clubs, but especially for Everton who were among the best in Europe at that time. We thought success would be forever - just shows how much eight year old boys know.

I dunno - the new man, Steve Evans, looks to be entirely suited for the job (He's the one with the sombrero :laugh:)

3175996148.jpg

A nice quote from a year or so back - no prizes for guessing who said it.

"Leeds are not a big club. Don't get me wrong, they used to be, now they're just a circus run by puppets, watched by blinkered seals. If they ever offered me a job, I'd turn it down. I want to be the captain of a cruise liner, not the Titanic."

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bye bye Mourinho...
I wouldn't be surprised if he did go this week, he's become a parody of himself and the Big Boss must be finding it embarrassing. You can get away with a lot but being openly laughed at isn't one of them and that's what is happening to Mourinho. Referees are no longer intimidated by him, he complains so much now they just smile and shrug it off.

Top Bottom