The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Pound to a penny that many non-Chelsea fans would wet their replica kit shorts with excitement if JM was dismissed by CFC and was then linked to their club. :ohmy:
Saw a headline today, but never got time to read the article, that it would cost Chelsea £36M to sack JM.....nice work if you can get it eh?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Saw a headline today, but never got time to read the article, that it would cost Chelsea £36M to sack JM.....nice work if you can get it eh?
I think Chelsea would be stupid to sack him. His record is unmatched by anyone in the modern game and one poor season (So far) doesn't diminish his abilities. Jose is under a lot of pressure at the moment with his father being very ill and he's acting irrationally, going way over the top in his criticism of referees, far more viciously than he ever used to. The incident with the club doctor didn't help, but if Chelsea have any sense someone there should be assigned to put an arm round his shoulder, tell him his job is safe and have a bit of a talk to him telling him to ease off a bit and just accept that the team is going through a bad patch. Even Lord Ferg had unsuccessful seasons when sections of the fans were calling for him to be replaced, but the club stood by him and didn't panic.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I think Chelsea would be stupid to sack him. His record is unmatched by anyone in the modern game and one poor season (So far) doesn't diminish his abilities. Jose is under a lot of pressure at the moment with his father being very ill and he's acting irrationally, going way over the top in his criticism of referees, far more viciously than he ever used to. The incident with the club doctor didn't help, but if Chelsea have any sense someone there should be assigned to put an arm round his shoulder, tell him his job is safe and have a bit of a talk to him telling him to ease off a bit and just accept that the team is going through a bad patch. Even Lord Ferg had unsuccessful seasons when sections of the fans were calling for him to be replaced, but the club stood by him and didn't panic.
Makes sense and if I was a Chelsea fan I would hope the club are thinking along the same lines. However, in these days of the expectation of immediate and constant success at the highest profile clubs and if Abramovic is as ruthless as some suggest, he may not gat such support.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've had a bit of a break from watching the football so watching the Chelsea-Liverpool game just now was a bit of a shock. As a neutral, it's been a long time since Liverpool were clearly the superior side with these two facing each other. I'm still a bit stunned.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I've had a bit of a break from watching the football so watching the Chelsea-Liverpool game just now was a bit of a shock. As a neutral, it's been a long time since Liverpool were clearly the superior side with these two facing each other. I'm still a bit stunned.
I have nothing to say!

I actually feel a bit sorry for him, I heard his dad Is ill and he is cleary feeling the pressure

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Pound to a penny that many non-Chelsea fans would wet their replica kit shorts with excitement if JM was dismissed by CFC and was then linked to their club. :ohmy:

Not in a million years. I was relieved when Man Ute appointed Moyes to replace SAF. I was worried that Mourinho was going to be the next manager.

I dislike the man, he is a successful manager but some of the things he has done fall well short of sportsmanship. I remember the time he approached from behind and poked his finger in one of the Barca's coaching staff eye. Nope, he is not somebody I'd like anywhere near the club I support.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Mourinho seems to have a 3 year shelf life. His 'oh my God, everything is going wrong and the world is against us' coaching style eventually runs out of legs and what is happening now would appear to be what is left.

Peter Reid at Sunderland had a wonderful season and a half in the premiership after getting promotion with his Plan A, then teams sussed what was going to happen when they played SAFC and set up to coumter it, unfortunately with Reidy there wasn't a Plan B and the 2 successive 7th place finished fell away to nothing and yo-yo'ing between the dvisions again V quickly.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What now for Glasgow Rangers?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34720850
Personally, I wish they would just lie down now and go away like other clubs in history, Third Lanark for instance.
Scotland would be a better place without the bollox that goes along with BOTH sides of the "Old Firm". This sordid affair has gone on for far too long now; time to bring the curtain down. In a few years time they would be forgotten anyway, and maybe then people would start supporting their local teams instead of travelling the length and breadth of the country every other weekend to watch football in Glasgow.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
What now for Glasgow Rangers?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34720850
Personally, I wish they would just lie down now and go away like other clubs in history, Third Lanark for instance.
Scotland would be a better place without the bollox that goes along with BOTH sides of the "Old Firm". This sordid affair has gone on for far too long now; time to bring the curtain down. In a few years time they would be forgotten anyway, and maybe then people would start supporting their local teams instead of travelling the length and breadth of the country every other weekend to watch football in Glasgow.
The bitterness is strong with you

Brandane

Legendary Member
The bitterness is strong with you
Ehhhh?? I used to be a Rangers supporter. However I am not blind enough to "follow follow" after seeing what came out in the wash a few years ago. They are a tainted club; and have been run by a series of crooks ever since David Murray threw in the towel. If you want to support them, fine; but please don't refer to me as "bitter" just because I don't. I've got no time for the other side of the OF either, if that makes you feel bitter better.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Ehhhh?? I used to be a Rangers supporter. However I am not blind enough to "follow follow" after seeing what came out in the wash a few years ago. They are a tainted club; and have been run by a series of crooks ever since David Murray threw in the towel. If you want to support them, fine; but please don't refer to me as "bitter" just because I don't. I've got no time for the other side of the OF either, if that makes you feel bitter better.

Sure you were

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sure you were
Not much point discussing it with someone who clearly has his heed buried in the sand. Just you carry on throwing your cash at the various thieves who have been running the club in recent years, because I am sure they have the best interests of the club at heart :laugh:. Alternatively, turn your back on them. If no-one went to the matches or bought their merchandise, you would soon see them get their act together.

Top Bottom