The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What if the lino, or the referee had decided to act on Tevez's behaviour? Some of our players have been sent off for much less this season. Then, City would have been down to ten men and would probably have lost the title. Tevez would then have been the pariah of Manchester Blue all over again...

So called experts like Shearer seem unable to comprehend this, what with Tevez being such an angel.

MarkF

Guru
Kompany does appear to be a really nice and intelligent bloke.

I am happy QPR stopped up, but............I think MR is wrong. One superb run, cross and header in 95 mins doesn't make a good performance, IMO it was a non-performance and if the first Stoke goal had been disallowed, as it clearly should have been, then QPR would be down. They got lucky.

Barton blocked across Tevez, Tevez wrestled and fouled him trying to get the "right" side of him, no big deal, I have no idea why MR thinks he should have been sent off? What Barton did was indefensible and embarrassing, I'd hate to have him represent my club. The comments from Hughes were just as embarrassing.

Ajay

Veteran
I'm so glad I'm not a Ushited fan, nor a conspiracy theorist.
As the news that Bolton have failed to win at the Britannia spreads to the pitch, Kenny abandons his "thou shall not pass" attitude and jumps out of the way of Dzeko's header!!
The Hoops then line up on the edge of their own box for the restart and invite Aguero in to claim the glory.
Mark Hughes won't be getting that expensive bottle of red from Srawex.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Funny how you see different things from different vantage points. From where I was sitting, Tevez wasn't actually trying to reach the ball - he was trying to goad a response out of a known hot-headed thug, having correctly worked out that City would have a better chance against 10 men than 11. And he succeeded, having gone down like a man brutally assaulted after a fairly innocuous - albeit indefensible, and no-one would suggest otherwise - elbow-dig. Amazing how quickly - and well - he recovered, once idiot Barton had departed.

Having said all of which, I'd agree that Bolton were robbed. How that first goal wasn't disallowed is a mystery.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
hate football..its shite.

Well please feel free not to post in this thread. :rolleyes:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hughes was a spiteful player himself, although not in the same league as the thuggish Barton, so he may have more sympathy with him than a manager like Hodgson, for example, would.
I was glad United didn't win it again (I think this is their least attractive side for some years) although it has scope for improvement and slightly sad that the mega-money of City proved crucial. Hobson's choice but a thrilling end to the season nevertheless.

mangaman

Hughes was a spiteful player himself, although not in the same league as the thuggish Barton, so he may have more sympathy with him than a manager like Hodgson, for example, would.
I was glad United didn't win it again (I think this is their least attractive side for some years) although it has scope for improvement and slightly sad that the mega-money of City proved crucial. Hobson's choice but a thrilling end to the season nevertheless.

True - Hughes was a nasty player at times and his refusal to criticise Barton is indefensible.

If Barton plays for them again he will go down in my estimation

Top Bottom