The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I'd like the Blunts to go up only because I'd feel sorry for them below the Owls, derbies in the Championship would be good for the city.

I'd like Southend go up because Moshni makes me laugh, he was a real pantomime villain at Bradford and is quite obviously bonkers.

I'd like York to beat Luton because I can then cycle to the away game next season.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's interesting that most neutrals would probably support Blackpool. I guess that's what being owned by a jazz mag proprieter, and managed by Big Fat Sam does for your popularity...

Nothing to do with jazz mags or fat sam.. WH are just not well liked :whistle:
That and a lot of neutrals were pulled in by Blackpool when they were in the PL, Holloway's interviews etc
But.. I do think WH will win the match comfortably.

U

User482

That and a lot of neutrals were pulled in by Blackpool when they were in the PL, Holloway's interviews etc

You would say that, having so often been invited to stick your blue flag where the sun doesn't shine!

It's fair to say that (aside from Chelsea supporters...) a lot of people liked West Ham for the style of play. Blackpool are definitely more entertaining these days.

Cheddar George

oober member
I have to agree with the "Holloway factor", the guy is a legend. Even a few Bistol City fans will quietly admit this. I do think it will be West Ham though.

Maz

Guru
Anyway, back to the football.
I would prefer Stevenage to go up.
I was there in '94 when Mark Stein relegated the Blades with the last kick of the game. They have never recovered have they?
Sorry Maz..
Mark Stein - that name is engrained in my head.
We've had the odd flirtation with the Premiership since then - I enjoyed it while it lasted. It's all about the passion and singing and loyalty, right. Doesnt matter if you follow Chelsea or Cheltenham, its YOUR team. Thats the way i see it.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm going to Wembley this Saturday. Considering that we stuffed them in the league twice, we *should* beat Blackpool comfortably, but as this is West Ham, I'm sure we'll find a way of extracting defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's interesting that most neutrals would probably support Blackpool. I guess that's what being owned by a jazz mag proprieter, and managed by Big Fat Sam does for your popularity...

I thought you'd learned not to follow omens like that? Liverpool beat Chelsea twice in London before the FA cup final and then, for good measure, beat them again AFTER the cup final but results like that stand for nothing in a one-off at that sinkhole of all exploitation, Wemberlee.

And most neutrals (I'd number myself amongst them) don't 'support' Blackpool at all. I happen to like West Ham, (some of) their supporters and the way they jolly up proceedings. I do happen to have a slight preference for Blackpool as it is handy to get to for our away game there should they make the premiership. Having said that, a thrilling game twixt the two will suit me fine regardless of the result.

I'm going to Wembley this Saturday. Considering that we stuffed them in the league twice, we *should* beat Blackpool comfortably, but as this is West Ham, I'm sure we'll find a way of extracting defeat from the jaws of victory.

Apparently along with the main attraction this weekend, there's also some game in Germany somewhere?

;)

Enjoy yourself mate, should be a great day out regardless.

rollinstok

Have the Scots upset someone ? ... McLeish, Dalglish, Kean, Ferguson, Coyle, all with poor seasons. Rangers in all sorts of trouble..where will it all end ?

Doseone

Guru
Big Saturday of football coming up. Don't have strong feelings for the play-off. Olly is a QPR legend, but WH are the bigger club. Looking forward to the Champions league game too.

Still reeling a bit after yesterday's shenanigans. Am really pleased for the old school City fans, proper fans, proper club. Their real fans have suffered over the years so I don't begrudge their success. I don't get the criticism of buying the title, it's always been bought. I feel sorry for Bolton fans but before Owen Coyle starts bleating on about refereeing decisions he wants to think about Clint Hill's header that was 2 yards over the line and not given when we were at theirs.

Top Bottom