The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Ferdinand, Crouch and Micah Richards out of the Euros. I confess I didn't see that coming - particularly Richards.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Richards isn't that good defensively- terrifying going forward, not a top class tackler. he should retrain in the Drogba mould, in my book.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Hart, Green, Ruddy
Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Jones, Lescott, Terry
Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Walcott, Young
Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck

well, that ensures that we're not going to get carried away!

I'd like to think that Johnson, Barry, Downing, Gerrard and Carroll simply aren't good enough for an England shirt, but, setting aside Sturridge and the three mentioned above, I'm not sure that there are that many alternatives.

musa

Über Member
is Ferdinard match fit? Barry should be sent home?
Green is doubtful made some of the worst decision I've seen and I would'nt have pick P,Jones neither to big a risk what happened to the like of Smalling?

instead of changing the dynamics its been kept the same, Lampard and Gerrard nothing to offer to be frank

Just catching up on this thread. Can't really believe everyone has missed the result at the Color Line Stadium, the biggest game on Sunday:
Aalesund 3 Stromsgodset 1

IMG_0139.JPG

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think, musa, we're all hoping that Joe Hart plays in every single game.

Roy Hodgson is going to have to answer some questions on Terry/Ferdinand, though. I'm a great admirer of Terry (on the pitch) but his form has been iffy.

Looking at the list (and accepting that Walker is out) I wonder if

Hart​
Johnson, Cahill, Terry, Cole​
Walcott, Parker, Barry,Young​
Defoe, Rooney​

might not be too awful a side....

musa

Über Member
Yeah no doubt DZ Hart will play hes rarely injured which is good

Wellbeck instead of Defoe..the play wouldnt have to changed and Rooney/Welbeck good partnership

mangaman

Yeah no doubt DZ Hart will play hes rarely injured which is good

Wellbeck instead of Defoe..the play wouldnt have to changed and Ronney/Welbeck good partnership

Rooney is not playing for the 1st 2 games though - we need someone who can hit a barn door with a football from 6 yards. Of course I'm going to suggest Holt instead of Carroll (who scored, I think 4 goals in 35 games this year).

Of course Holt is not a long term option, but if you get a chance he is likelier to score than the other 3 bar Rooney. Even if he only plays the 1st 2 games it would be better.

We could be out before Rooney gets a kick

Gerrard captain? I can hear DZ face-palming from over here in Chiswick....

I'm a Liverpool fan and I don't think Gerrard should be England captain btw.

musa

Über Member
who for captain? Hart? or is that too far-fetched to do?

EDIT: looking at the line up I rather see Parker captain (well that's my choice)

Top Bottom