The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Oh well, can't only play out when the sun shines......Chelsea 5 Everton 0......not sure whether it was us being pathetic that made Chelsea look so good, Chelsea being so good that made us look pathetic, a combination of both or whether Chelsea just had one of those days when a run of good form culminated in a sublime performance where everything clicks. Everton haven't really played that well all season, despite sitting in 6th just behind the front runners until tonight, but we have been competent and hard to break down, tonight was so one sided it was embarrassing - glad that @SpokeyDokey blokey is keeping a low profile at the moment.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Oh well, can't only play out when the sun shines......Chelsea 5 Everton 0......not sure whether it was us being pathetic that made Chelsea look so good, Chelsea being so good that made us look pathetic, a combination of both or whether Chelsea just had one of those days when a run of good form culminated in a sublime performance where everything clicks. Everton haven't really played that well all season, despite sitting in 6th just behind the front runners until tonight, but we have been competent and hard to break down, tonight was so one sided it was embarrassing - glad that @SpokeyDokey blokey is keeping a low profile at the moment.

@ianrauk will be along in a while to enjoy your pain :tongue:

Another win for us today - up to sixth.

AndyRM

XOXO
East Kilbride beat Ajax's world record* today, winning 27 games in a row. Ajax TV were present at the game and drove onto the pitch in a van afterwards with a video message from Edwin Van Der Sar, and several crates of beer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37885956

*Hereford have also won 27 in a row

That is absolutely superb. Exactly what fitba should be about.

I froze my baws off watching the Tyne Derby yesterday, with a mix of North and South Shielders. Great fun, though EvelynRM had a meltdown so we had to leave early. I suspect she was angry that we weren't watching Whitley Bay or Killie.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Meanwhile in our fantasy league I'm pulling ahead of the pack, how far ahead do I have to get before Ajax bring me a van of beer?

@Marmion i just had a look and amazingly you're still 4th, despite having Cuadrado (who still plays for Juventus) and perma captain of Benteke:eek:, though the big unit did actually score yesterday at least.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I really needed Everton to put in a performance yesterday.....they let me down :sad:
With City only drawing.....if we (Lpool) beat Watford today we stay joint first 1st with Arse.......unless Spurs can get a draw in which case Lpool could be 1st on thier own.
Mind you......it is these games that Lpool have historically failed to win....lets hope they dont let me down.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I was yearning for the days of Roberto Martinez watching that. At least Everton played some pretty stuff while getting humped in those days.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I really needed Everton to put in a performance yesterday.....they let me down :sad:
With City only drawing.....if we (Lpool) beat Watford today we stay joint first 1st with Arse.......unless Spurs can get a draw in which case Lpool could be 1st on thier own.
Mind you......it is these games that Lpool have historically failed to win....lets hope they dont let me down.

I don't think they will but I hope they do :smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Some absurd things happen in football, but sometimes you come across something that takes it to a new level. This is from today's Guardian -

"Coventry City, under the permanently bewildering Sisu regime, briefly discussed the idea – no kidding – of being the first club in England to introduce a “text‑a‑substitute” option during matches. Supporters would be given a number they could text, at premium rates, to say who the manager should take off and who should come on. An announcement would be made at the appropriate time about the most popular vote and the manager, the poor patsy, would be under instructions to comply with the crowd’s wishes."

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I think they've got it. Now 5-0, having just scored two goals in three minutes. In other news, some shy retiring Swedish bloke has scored twice at Swansea...

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think they've got it. Now 5-0, having just scored two goals in three minutes. In other news, some shy retiring Swedish bloke has scored twice at Swansea...
6:1.....nice one. May sound petty but I was disappointed to concede that goal.

Some absurd things happen in football, but sometimes you come across something that takes it to a new level. This is from today's Guardian -

"Coventry City, under the permanently bewildering Sisu regime, briefly discussed the idea – no kidding – of being the first club in England to introduce a “text‑a‑substitute” option during matches. Supporters would be given a number they could text, at premium rates, to say who the manager should take off and who should come on. An announcement would be made at the appropriate time about the most popular vote and the manager, the poor patsy, would be under instructions to comply with the crowd’s wishes."
They could call it something snappy, like Texit...like Brexit but you'd actually have a clue what you were voting for ;)

Top Bottom