The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO

Bit harsh. Hodgson is a quality manager - you don't have a 40 year career around the world by accident. Folk seem happier to focus on his speech impediment and the fact that he looks like a startled owl than his abilities, as well as his recent failure with a pish national side I suppose.

Surely Pearson is the man for the job? He saved them once and signed most of the team that brought them glory last season.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Bit harsh. Hodgson is a quality manager - you don't have a 40 year career around the world by accident. Folk seem happier to focus on his speech impediment and the fact that he looks like a startled owl than his abilities, as well as his recent failure with a pish national side I suppose.

Surely Pearson is the man for the job? He saved them once and signed most of the team that brought them glory last season.
Agreed but I think you also have to fit the team. Unfortunately he didn't fit at Liverpool I don't think there was any animosity towards him, it just didn't work.

Similarly I don't think he's a fit for Leicester at the moment, maybe if he'd taken them on before they got into a relegation dogfight .....

mark st1

Plastic Manc

Not for me I dont care what he sounds like and he may have had a 40 year career however it's hardly littered with success. He's been sacked at a majority of his jobs and with Leicester in the position they are in I wouldn't say he'd be a good match for them. Seeing that performance the other night I'd stick with Shakespear until the end of the season. However just my opinion.

13 rider

Guru
Pearson been hired and fire twice by the owners can't see that taking him on again . Certainly don't fancy Roy but there again I'm unsure who I want . I'd like Craig Shakespeare to see out the season

AndyRM

XOXO
Not for me I dont care what he sounds like and he may have had a 40 year career however it's hardly littered with success. He's been sacked at a majority of his jobs and with Leicester in the position they are in I wouldn't say he'd be a good match for them. Seeing that performance the other night I'd stick with Shakespear until the end of the season. However just my opinion.

He's had a great deal of success and hasn't been sacked by the majority of sides he's worked for (5 times out of 20 odd I reckon?)

Though I'd agree that he's probably not the right fit for Leicester just now.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Why did Huddersfield persist with three at the back after they scored first!
The cup would be much better for the lower league clubs if each round was settled on the day. Ok, they might get a one off lucrative replay, but that is a short sighted view because invariable the bigger team wins the second match and the dream is over. If they hold on during the tie proper and then have a 50/50 chance of going through on penalties there would be far more upsets and a few football league or even non league sides would progress to the real money and glory stages.

martint235

Dog on a bike
How many football managers haven't been sacked from the majority of their jobs? Guardiola and ?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
How many football managers haven't been sacked from the majority of their jobs? Guardiola and ?

Pep's number 2 at Bayern, Erik ten Hag. Assistant at Twente and PSV, manager at Go Ahead Eagles and Bayern Munich (second team). Every move a step up. Now heading for glory at Utrecht.

Top Bottom