The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes I know fair point and his record is a lot better ish than I thought so fair play to @AndyRM for backing him.

To be fair he did good with Fulham and West Brom so maybe Leicester might do well under him ?

I mounted a similar defence for Steve McClaren when he arrived at Newcastle so I've probably jinxed poor Roy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I see that amateur referees have gone on strike.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4282650/Amateur-ref-reveals-joining-strike.html
I don't blame them! It's not just those reffing at local league level getting the abuse. I had to walk away from where i was standing,at yesterday's Accy versus Barnet match. As usual the linesman got most of the abuse as he can't escape the idiots because of his position on the pitch. They were calling him a fat @~#! a bald !~@#! and other such stuff. I noticed that a few of those calling him those names were overweight and had receding hair themselves!:rolleyes: Two of those giving him abuse were local councillors.:thumbsdown:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I see that amateur referees have gone on strike.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4282650/Amateur-ref-reveals-joining-strike.html
I don't blame them! It's not just those reffing at local league level getting the abuse. I had to walk away from where i was standing,at yesterday's Accy versus Barnet match. As usual the linesman got most of the abuse as he can't escape the idiots because of his position on the pitch. They were calling him a fat @~#! a bald !~@#! and other such stuff. I noticed that a few of those calling him those names were overweight and had receding hair themselves!:rolleyes: Two of those giving him abuse were local councillors.:thumbsdown:
I don't know how anyone puts up with a ref's job at the lower levels, even people refereeing school kid's games are routinely abused and assaulted by watching parents.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know how anyone puts up with a ref's job at the lower levels, even people refereeing school kid's games are routinely abused and assaulted by watching parents.

At small grounds like Accrington and on local parks the abuse is inescapable,with the abusers being so close to the pitch. I suppose refs and linesmen/women at bigger grounds don't feel as intimidated, with them being further from the crowd Also,with there being that much noise at bigger grounds the idiots voices are drowned out.

ozboz

Guru
A lot of amature sports officials get really badly abused from playres and supporters , a bloke I know walked away from umpiring cricket after 20 years due to threatning and abuse from players , apperently he was sorely missed

Slick

Guru
Pretty good week for my team which meant 2 home ties on the trot which is always nice. It started with a rather fortunate late winner mid week, ensuring the team above us and any with ideas of climbing over us were defeated. Then back to Ibrox yesterday for a much hated lunch time kick off for a Scottish cup tie. A sound but equally unpopular 6-0 thrashing was duly handed out so back home smug in the knowledge that we have secured another trip to Hampden for a semi final. It's at times like these we must celebrate the smallest of victories, especially as it's old firm weekend next and the madness has already begun. It's going to be a long week.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Captions for this anyone?
C6JyMqrWcAAZB4b.jpg

Top Bottom