The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Wow. :eek: Started watching when I got in from work when it was 3-0, game on for Barca, then 3-1, game dead for Barca, incredible stuff.:cheers:
I only watched it on the highlight show but goodgodallmighty! What a match, what a performance, what a result. What a final five minutes! Unbelievable. That will be an 'I was there' match for generations to come.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Over 12 hours from kick off and we already know that any issues Utd may have are "the pitch's fault" :whistle:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I only watched it on the highlight show but goodgodallmighty! What a match, what a performance, what a result. What a final five minutes! Unbelievable. That will be an 'I was there' match for generations to come.

Some very dodgy decisions re penalties given/not given.

Shades of the Ovrebo (mis)refereeing in the 2009 Chelsea vs Barca clash when we had at least 4 and possibly 5 legit' penalty shouts denied.

Suarez is 100% a cheating scumbag.

postman

Legendary Member
FA Cup today,i have just turned it off.I am slowly getting fed up of modern soccer.The Spurs goal celebration is totally and utterly ARSE.What are they doing,The teams of the 70s would run rings around these soft sh ...For gawds sake grow up.Your tippy tappy football is bad enough now these naff finger celebrations well here is one for you. V.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
FA Cup today,i have just turned it off.I am slowly getting fed up of modern soccer.The Spurs goal celebration is totally and utterly ARSE.What are they doing,The teams of the 70s would run rings around these soft sh ...For gawds sake grow up.Your tippy tappy football is bad enough now these naff finger celebrations well here is one for you. V.

Not a Milllwal fan are you ?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The teams of the 70s would run rings around these soft sh...

200w (4).gif

SpokeyDokey

Modern football at the top level is far removed from the clod-fest of the 70's - much as I used to love watching it way back then. :smile:

Even an average PL team would wipe the floor with the best teams from the 70's. They are way fitter, faster, more skilful and tactically savvy than the players of yesteryear.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Modern football at the top level is far removed from the clod-fest of the 70's - much as I used to love watching it way back then. :smile:

Even an average PL team would wipe the floor with the best teams from the 70's. They are way fitter, faster, more skilful and tactically savvy than the players of yesteryear.
When you do see a match from the seventies now you realise what rubbish a lot of the football was back then. Nearer National League than Premier League.

SpokeyDokey

When you do see a match from the seventies now you realise what rubbish a lot of the football was back then. Nearer National League than Premier League.

Was interesting to watch (again) the Leeds vs Chelsea FA Cup final during the half-time interlude of the Spuds vs Millwall match. Despite some of my younger years heroes playing over those two matches the skill levels were woefully low.

My favourite is the 1966 World Cup Final - how fat and unfit (by modern standards) those players were, and so slow. The winning team would be blitzed by a top flight team nowadays.

Top Bottom