The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This years relegation battle for the premier league is a bit boring. 2 teams gone already.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Promotion from championship looks interesting though. My biggest concern this season is points gap between top six and the rest in the Premiership, I hope this doesn't continue for too long as it will knacker the game. A bit like like Ferrari v Mercedes in F1, dull.
The trouble with having huge amounts of money coming into the game is that most of it gravitates to an elite few at the top. I can't see that changing any time soon.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The trouble with having huge amounts of money coming into the game is that most of it gravitates to an elite few at the top. I can't see that changing any time soon.
Having 6 teams at the top is much better than most other European leagues.
Don’t forget Leicester’s miracle. But the days of Nottingham Forest winning in Europe are long gone.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Joey Barton is in trouble AGAIN!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47922726
The first I heard of this was on Radio Lancashire after Saturday's games involving Lancashire clubs. The show's host said something like "We've heard that Fleetwood are refusing to do a post match interview, after a reported assault". I've been listening to Joey Barton's interviews on Radio Lancs and he did come across as someone who'd finally matured and stopped being a dickhead,but when Accy played Fleetwood the other week Barton made derogatory comments about Accy's manager,our chairman and our club. It seems he hasn't matured or learned to control his anger at all.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's the 30th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy. Any of you remember what you were doing,or where you were at the time? I was watching Blackburn Rovers beat Man City 4-0 in a Division 2 match. As we were walking out the ground it came over the tannoy that the FA Cup semi-final had been abandoned due to crown trouble. My first thoughts were football hooliganism,but when I got home i saw the terrible news on the telly. Whenever I hear 'Eternal Flame' by the Bangles i think of that moment as i was leaving the ground that day,as it was in the charts at the time and being played over the tannoy.

Just a post to highlight the fabulous job at Cliftonhill in the past month. Cliftonhill is the home of my adopted Scottish team, Albion Rovers. In a position just a few short matches ago of only having 7 points all season and looking certainties for the drop an inspired run sees them now with 21 points and off the bottom of the table.

Latest game saw a point gained at runaway leaders Peterhead.

Just hope they can sustain the form to the end of the season and stay up.

However if they do stay up it means Berwick go (if they lose the relegation playoff) so would Berwick go into the Scottish or English non League?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Can't wait for the cup final, West Ham Women v Manchester City Women. It should be live on the box too (Information for the minority who own a TV of course).

The female game has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years and is often more watchable than the male counterpart.

MarkF

Guru
Can't wait for the cup final, West Ham Women v Manchester City Women. It should be live on the box too (Information for the minority who own a TV of course).

The female game has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years and is often more watchable than the male counterpart.

Has it really come on leaps and bounds? l watched some of England v Spain last week, crikey, how bad was it before?

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's the 30th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy. Any of you remember what you were doing,or where you were at the time? I was watching Blackburn Rovers beat Man City 4-0 in a Division 2 match. As we were walking out the ground it came over the tannoy that the FA Cup semi-final had been abandoned due to crown trouble. My first thoughts were football hooliganism,but when I got home i saw the terrible news on the telly. Whenever I hear 'Eternal Flame' by the Bangles i think of that moment as i was leaving the ground that day,as it was in the charts at the time and being played over the tannoy.
Was just saying to Mrs D......"I was sat in that chair watching it live and you were in the other room".
I have tears every time it is shown.

Top Bottom