The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Has it really come on leaps and bounds? l watched some of England v Spain last week, crikey, how bad was it before?

I'd say so, yes. The increase in investment over recent years has seen quality levels improve significantly.

One area which is tricky is goalkeeping, which with a couple of exceptions is generally dire. For me, the solution would be to make the goals a bit smaller, but this creates a whole set of other questions and issues.

MarkF

Guru
I coached juniors for 10 years, at 6-12, plenty of girls are as good as boys, many good enough to stand out in the boys teams at the lower age levels. Once they are removed, either by age level or coach/parental concerns, their development slows rapidly, that's my experience.

I don't know of any mixed leagues but can't see why there shouldn't be some up to U18?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, I know footballers have a reputation for lacking intelligence, but Wayne has raised (or lowered) the bar...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382
"Hennessey denied the charge and said any resemblance to the Nazi gesture was "absolutely coincidental"."

_105084912_hennessey_twitter2.jpg

It said the FA was "entirely justified" in bringing the case but that "rather than giving a Nazi salute, we think it more likely that Mr Hennessey was, as he says, trying to shout at and to catch the attention of the waiter."

Far more likely. Absolutely. No question. Nothing to see here....move on....

Bloody hell, I know footballers have a reputation for lacking intelligence, but Wayne has raised (or lowered) the bar...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47946382

Even more worrying is that 'two members of the three-man panel believed the photograph had been "misinterpreted" and the other said the "only plausible explanation" was that Hennessey made the salute.'

FFS!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Joey Barton is in trouble AGAIN!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47922726
The first I heard of this was on Radio Lancashire after Saturday's games involving Lancashire clubs. The show's host said something like "We've heard that Fleetwood are refusing to do a post match interview, after a reported assault". I've been listening to Joey Barton's interviews on Radio Lancs and he did come across as someone who'd finally matured and stopped being a dickhead,but when Accy played Fleetwood the other week Barton made derogatory comments about Accy's manager,our chairman and our club. It seems he hasn't matured or learned to control his anger at all.
He still claims he was a better player than Stevie G.
In your dreams Joey.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Brighton on a dire run of form, playing dire negative football, have a possibly make or break game tonight against fellow strugglers, Cardiff.

I'm ambivalent about relegation. I think I prefer more adventurous competitive football in the Championship than trying to scrape a draw against 'better' clubs and trying to beat our peers, one nil.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Brighton on a dire run of form, playing dire negative football, have a possibly make or break game tonight against fellow strugglers, Cardiff.

I'm ambivalent about relegation. I think I prefer more adventurous competitive football in the Championship than trying to scrape a draw against 'better' clubs and trying to beat our peers, one nil.
I agree

Once the novelty of the first few seasons in the Prem has worn off there is very little fun for the general fan in watching their team trying to finish 4th from bottom every year.

A team like Brighton, Cardiff and 8 or 9 other teams have only one goal at the start of the season and that is to secure the magical 40 points.

At least your 'other' team are doing alright, Rich....

;)

postman

Legendary Member
Men and boys out there last night. In relation to their past successes Man U are turning into a very ordinary side, and according to recent reports the stadium is deteriorating at the same rate.

i was out last night visiting.So i have recorded it,but i thought they were on a hiding.Espesh from Mr Messi,after his hooter took a bashing first match.I look forward to watching it.plus it is not the first time Barcelona have out footballed United,i think Messi once scored with a header against Ferdinand.He did just looked it up.

Top Bottom