The Football.....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Spartak, 29 Jan 2012.

1. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

I'd say so, yes. The increase in investment over recent years has seen quality levels improve significantly.

One area which is tricky is goalkeeping, which with a couple of exceptions is generally dire. For me, the solution would be to make the goals a bit smaller, but this creates a whole set of other questions and issues.

Pumpkin the robot likes this.
  2. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

I coached juniors for 10 years, at 6-12, plenty of girls are as good as boys, many good enough to stand out in the boys teams at the lower age levels. Once they are removed, either by age level or coach/parental concerns, their development slows rapidly, that's my experience.

I don't know of any mixed leagues but can't see why there shouldn't be some up to U18?

3. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

Paulus, gavgav and craigwend like this.
  4. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

"Hennessey denied the charge and said any resemblance to the Nazi gesture was "absolutely coincidental"."

_105084912_hennessey_twitter2.jpg

It said the FA was "entirely justified" in bringing the case but that "rather than giving a Nazi salute, we think it more likely that Mr Hennessey was, as he says, trying to shout at and to catch the attention of the waiter."

Far more likely. Absolutely. No question. Nothing to see here....move on....

Dave7 likes this.
  5. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Even more worrying is that 'two members of the three-man panel believed the photograph had been "misinterpreted" and the other said the "only plausible explanation" was that Hennessey made the salute.'

FFS!

6. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

He still claims he was a better player than Stevie G.
    In your dreams Joey.

downesy likes this.
  7. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Brighton on a dire run of form, playing dire negative football, have a possibly make or break game tonight against fellow strugglers, Cardiff.

I'm ambivalent about relegation. I think I prefer more adventurous competitive football in the Championship than trying to scrape a draw against 'better' clubs and trying to beat our peers, one nil.

craigwend, downesy and theclaud like this.
  8. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

I agree

Once the novelty of the first few seasons in the Prem has worn off there is very little fun for the general fan in watching their team trying to finish 4th from bottom every year.

A team like Brighton, Cardiff and 8 or 9 other teams have only one goal at the start of the season and that is to secure the magical 40 points.

9. Dayvo

At least your 'other' team are doing alright, Rich....

;)

rich p likes this.
  10. Dayvo

United, pretty in pink in Barcelona tonight.

And almost scored after 36 seconds!

11. PaulB

PaulB Guru

But they didn't. Barca are humiliating them and the Thursday cup beckons for the pink boys next season.

Dave7 likes this.
  12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Men and boys out there last night. In relation to their past successes Man U are turning into a very ordinary side, and according to recent reports the stadium is deteriorating at the same rate.

13. postman

postman Legendary Member

i was out last night visiting.So i have recorded it,but i thought they were on a hiding.Espesh from Mr Messi,after his hooter took a bashing first match.I look forward to watching it.plus it is not the first time Barcelona have out footballed United,i think Messi once scored with a header against Ferdinand.He did just looked it up.

14. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

A bit of a goal fest in the first 15 minutes at Man city:eek:

15. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Wow. What a game. Spurs won, but only just.

Dayvo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice