The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is exceedingly unlikely, and would basically wreck the PL this season.

Much more likely is a big enough points deduction to ensure relegation.

If they are expelled, then it will be up to the Football League to decide what level they may or may not be willing to accept them at.
If relegated then the FL will have to accept them into the Championship.
Do the Champ & FL want Man City to ruin their league(s) next season too?
 

yello

back and brave
Location
France
As I've said, I'm intrigued to see how the FA (and/or whoever) handle this. More than intrigued tbh but I can't think of an appropriate word. There'll be huge knock-ons whatever form a decision takes, and I really don't think they can be ignored. That will have the effect of seemingly letting Man City off the hook to a degree, and it will certainly be perceived that way by many to varying degrees obviously.

It has to be a very considered judgement; nuanced and weighted. They need to take the time to get it right. I hate to be negative, but I'm not confident in the FA to make the right call.

Edit: OR the FA will say to hell with the consequences, punish to the max and deal with the fall out as seperate issues.
 
Last edited:

PaulSB

Squire
If they are expelled, then it will be up to the Football League to decide what level they may or may not be willing to accept them at.
If relegated then the FL will have to accept them into the Championship.
Do the Champ & FL want Man City to ruin their league(s) next season too?

Not in Blackburn we don't..........despite having enjoyed many significant wins over the old City and the painful sight of City winning 4 - 1 at Ewood to gain promotion. There were pretty ugly scenes afterwards......
 
Top Bottom