FNRttC The Fridays 2017 Tour On Tour Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
We've missed out on a cycle ferry!!!

View attachment 360719
I didn't!

I was the only passenger - 1 euro. The driver was not amused. I was surprised to find myself back in Belgium (yet again).

Also did Germany today. They rolled out a Götterdämmerung storm to welcome me ... and did that tower thingy that stands on the confluence of the three countries. Brilliant but distinctly lumpy countryside.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
20170706_161746.jpg

One for @wanda2010

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Did the 100 miler. Up at five, on the road at 5.40 for some miles in (pleasantly cooler conditions) before breakfast, back to Eijsden at 8.15 or so. Off again at about 9.45, heading to Aachen. Saw signs for the Drielandenpunt and made the detour, was worth a visit. After some not-comedy offroading, on to Aachen (reached the Hauptbahnhof at 1.30 or so) and an Aldi Süd lunch before turning SW. Not long after Kelmis, The Thunderstorm. Thoroughly saturated, I considered bailing (66 miles on the clock). When I eventually found some shelter looked at train options, at least when the phone intermittently responded to my sodden fingers. Headed towards Plombieres. My speed picked up, the weather turned for the better, I dried out, mostly, so I kept going. After many little diversions for extra mileage, back to Le Bonheur with 100.4 miles done. Garmin recorded the ride, then locked up when I next turned it on. It recovered long enough to get the ride data off before conking out again. A warm night on the windowsill seems to have restored its health though. Phew!
Rest day today :smile:

Last edited:
Did the 100 miler. Up at five, on the road at 5.40 for some miles in (pleasantly cooler conditions) before breakfast, back to Eijsden at 8.15 or so. Off again at about 9.45, heading to Aachen. Saw signs for the Drielandenpunt and made the detour, was worth a visit. After some not-comedy offroading, on to Aachen (reached the Hauptbahnhof at 1.30 or so) and an Aldi Süd lunch before turning SW. Not long after Kelmis, The Thunderstorm. Thoroughly saturated, I considered bailing (66 miles on the clock). When I eventually found some shelter looked at train options, at least when the phone intermittently responded to my sodden fingers. Headed towards Plombieres. My speed picked up, the weather turned for the better, I dried out, mostly, so I kept going. After many little diversions for extra mileage, back to Le Bonheur with 100.4 miles done. Garmin recorded the ride, then locked up when I next turned it on. It recovered long enough to get the ride data off before conking out again. A warm night on the windowsill seems to have restored its health though. Phew!
Rest day today :smile:
Well done!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
My drink is on the right. I really REALLY like Ghent!!
View attachment 360823
Peasant. That's not real beer.

U

User10571

That ^ would appear to be demonstrably unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Another fab day, despite taking a bit of skin off in a tumble on the home stretch. Have checked into the Boutique Hotel Glow. I was looking forward to this place. Huge room, huge & comfy bed, all mod cons (Nespresso machine and a kettle), bike in room (there is secure parking but might be locked). Rubbish :smile:

Top Bottom