The Fridays London Ride - Windows and Death - 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I may just have messed this up. The (non) plan was to schlepp up to Hyde Park Corner, set off at 11.30, wander around London, looking at some of the stuff that I like, grouped loosely around a couple of themes, which would be a) windows and b) death and then go to All Bar One and get tanked.

Now.......there's been quite a bit of interest, and if we have a crowd, and particularly if people are coming from quite a way, I've got to up my game a bit. So it's back to Pevsner, Steen Eiler Rasmussen and Sir John Summerson (and Sigfried Gideon if I fancy a bit of self-laceration) for a bit of revision, hopefully to come up with stuff you can't get from Wikipedia. I may change the start time to 10.30 or 11 if I get the ok from a couple of people who are coming from quite a way and may have already booked their railway tickets.

So....I will be registering people in order to have some idea of numbers. If we have more than about forty then I'll make adjustments - there's no point in standing on the Embankment wittering on about Bazalgette (the sewer chappie, not his wretched grandson) if the people at the back can't hear you.

If you've already sent me an e-mail I'll endeavour to get back to you today. And if you're thinking of coming on this one then please bear in mind the possible change in start time.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Email sent.

subaqua

What’s the point
2173004 said:
Will it be raining?
I'll have a word with the weather gods for you.

that means yes I will be coming if I am allowed. (SWMBO will allow, its Dell and the CC collective that needs to say yes)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I've just changed my blood donation date from that day as the two don't mix that well.. and of course, it then frees me up for any talk of a night ride on the 28th.. it is, after all, a Friday night then.. and if, one happens, that is...

Email just about to do...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Alas and alack, much as I'd like to see you all in daylight, I shall be en route to sunny Florida and Disneyworld. Don't judge me.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Will the friendly plod be there with bike marking again?
I will ask.

Due to that big sports event in the Summer we are planning a bit of a break over Christmas but I can always ask. Failing that I can bring some stuff with me and assist with some DIY!

Hopefully I should be fixed by then and can join in the fun? So can my name be added to the list.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I'm a definite and he's a maybe and we'll send emails tomorrow. I'm off work for two and a half weeks over Christmas for the first time in over a decade and forsee a lot of bike riding happening.

Top Bottom