the Fridays on tour 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
we took nine quid helmets from Decathlon. And looped them over the handlebars. Binned when we got over the border in to France.
Good plan.
According to the wisdom of the internet:
"The Spanish helmet law came into effect from 23rd January 2004. It applies to bicycle riders of all ages. However it does not apply: to cyclists riding in towns and cities; during periods of extreme heat; when riding up steep hills; or to professional cyclists.

Enforcement is generally very lax. It is not a priority for the Guardia Civil, who alone have responsibility for enforcement"

hatler

Guru
Good plan.
"The Spanish helmet law came into effect from 23rd January 2004. It applies to bicycle riders of all ages. However it does not apply: to cyclists riding in towns and cities; during periods of extreme heat; when riding up steep hills; or to professional cyclists."
Does having a paid paper round (done on my bike) mean I could qualify as a 'professional' cyclist ? :-)

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's just possible I might come along for some, but not all of the French jaunt. For instance, I might be interested in riding the (currently non-existent) London-Portsmouth leg if others were doing it, then some of the first day in France before peeling off and heading towards Granville. I'll keep an eye on developments.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
we booked our railway tickets to Hendaye and back from Gerona this morning. So the recce is on! Her Nibs will tweet pics throughout the week.

Top Bottom