FNRttC The Fridays Tour 2016

For which Fridays Tour in 2016 would you sign up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As noted cyclist David Byrne didn't sing, 'We're on the road to somewhere'......

StuAff

Sorry, it got scheduled for 9pm by mistake! You should all have mail now. Mea culpa. :rolleyes:
Got it :smile:
Is the date set in stone? I have the following week (w/c 19th Sept) booked off, and moving it will be either impossible or difficult (I'd have to find someone in the same work area who would be willing and able to swap).

StuartG

slower but further
Dare one ask if our 'Man of Stena' will be doing us another terrific deal on the outward voyage? Eau de Cologne? or is it Eau a Cologne?

Got it :smile:
Is the date set in stone? I have the following week (w/c 19th Sept) booked off, and moving it will be either impossible or difficult (I'd have to find someone in the same work area who would be willing and able to swap).
The dates are not set yet at all, Stu! The latest official news (here and elsewhere) from @mmmmartin is "probably September" and "we'll announce before Christmas".

I have the following week (w/c 19th Sept) booked off, and moving it will be either impossible or difficult (I'd have to find someone in the same work area who would be willing and able to swap).
And... didn't you say you'd booked the second week off?? (Feel like I'm chasing my tail here!)

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
New thread The not the Fridays Tour 2016 now posted.
Is the date set in stone?
Set in stone? not quite but we think it is the preferred date - later in September in these northern climes risks shorter and colder days (despite what may or may not happen this week in Paris) but it depends on the will of the People of course. I realise your dilemma - please check out potential swaps & we'll see what others think about the date.
our 'Man of Stena'
I am sure that as numbers build we should approach him & secure a deal. A cautionary word is that we found the Dutch men & women of Stena to be super helpful; briefer experience of this side of the North sea was less thrilling. But I will enquire.
Similarly we can explore group bookings for the return.

StuAff

New thread The not the Fridays Tour 2016 now posted.

Set in stone? not quite but we think it is the preferred date - later in September in these northern climes risks shorter and colder days (despite what may or may not happen this week in Paris) but it depends on the will of the People of course. I realise your dilemma - please check out potential swaps & we'll see what others think about the date.

I am sure that as numbers build we should approach him & secure a deal. A cautionary word is that we found the Dutch men & women of Stena to be super helpful; briefer experience of this side of the North sea was less thrilling. But I will enquire.
Similarly we can explore group bookings for the return.
Ta. Swapping is the only option, there's no free spaces in my leave group so I can't just move it. I'd really like to do this one, but if the boys and girls of the Fridays don't want to change the date, so be it- and I'd still need to get the night off to get to Harwich, not certain either....I'll be going to Belgium and France next year anyway- Eurostar already booked for the FNRttK, planning to ride on to Le Havre & ferry home, via Poperinge and Dieppe. And a weekend of nice relaxing music in Paris in June (Download festival).

Last edited:
Top Bottom