The Fridays Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Do anyone else's midge bites still itch?
may one suggest cetirizine hydrochloride tablets for a quid in boots?

Photos now uploaded here.
https://picasaweb.google.com/114360149016827026968/LonJog1 Hope this works, here should be a few shots taken on the phone. Still sorting through the 2000+ shots from the headcam.

What a fab collection of pics! Thank you peeps they have made the grin on my face even bigger!

Glad you were all sorted on Sunday evening Michael - despite the shock you kept smiling through the entire realisation that after 670 miles on a bike and 650 miles in a coach there was a possibility of sleeping under the stars!!

may one suggest cetirizine hydrochloride tablets for a quid in boots?

Note to self: Never, ever play Scrabble with GregCollins! (Although I hope that TMN has recovered from being attacked by midges)

Mice

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I'm somewhat embarrassed about picking up a slew of "Likes" just for posting Mick's lovely picture. But I won't forget to give him a mention when I collect my next trophy...

Great minds think alike it seems TC.

Mistral sure has a good eye for the camera, but I wonder what camera it is, tis amazing!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm somewhat embarrassed about picking up a slew of "Likes" just for posting Mick's lovely picture. But I won't forget to give him a mention when I collect my next trophy...
I think we both know that when it comes to Likes trophies, there is only one show in town.
monica-vitti-1.jpg

I've enjoyed everybody's pics but these really are exceptional, Mick.

mistral

Guru
Great minds think alike it seems TC.

Mistral sure has a good eye for the camera, but I wonder what camera it is, tis amazing!

Thanks, but it was just a snap

The camera: is one of those new digital things - Canon PowerShot A64. I'd have been happier it was taken on my old Nikon FE using real film though!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
What to say that hasn't been said before? What to say?
OK, a bit of stream-of-consciousness stuff.

The frequent warp drive moments making up for the climbs. I fancy going back to Carter Bar just for that Factor 9.8 descent into Jedburgh again (sorry, I am a bit of a trekkie).

The B & B in Wick with garrulous landlady Betty showing Eddie C and me that breakfast room FULL of gold discs (some signed, Lennon/Imagine (imagine!), the Beatles/Help, a Buddy Holly, I think, etc, etc.). Just a shame I wasn't staying for breakfast to meet their owner, her hubbie.

The highlight for me was that drizzly day we went over the Drumochter Pass on the NCN7 cycleway. I wasn't happy seeing all the fast heavy traffic and the spray on the A9, so having done the cycleway a couple of times before, took the possibly foolhardy risk on 23mm and sparsely spoked wheels to do it again. At the point where the route divided to path or main road, SketchleyChrisB and MichaelQ took the decision to join me. Thank you guys, it turned a previously enjoyable ride into a great afternoon.

The first sighting of the Forth Railway bridge. It isn't possible to take a photograph that conveys the sheer size of the thing.

A big thanks to Gordon for the support, one when I was getting a bit emotional and nervous going down the hill in the Xwind to the Cromarty Firth and the low bridge across it, and secondly for the tow, when I was having a bit of a struggle a couple of miles from Wick.

Thank you to Eddie for putting up with my snoring for three nights, to Sketchley for keeping the teapot full in Newtonmore and the Old Pulteney flowing on the bus.

To Steven and Rachel for the cabshare, and the fab cake.

And especially to instigator Simon and support crew Ian and Diana.
This whole effort was a brilliant example of teamwork and a team leader with the understated ability to pull that same team together. If some of Europe and its enterprises were run with the same degree of camaraderie and common goal seeking, would we be in such a mess? I don't know.

I've some photos, and when I've
a) sorted them into the ones that compare anywhere near the quality of those I've already seen, and
b) worked out how to actually share them,
I will post them. Got one great one of Susie.

Above all, thank you everyone - this was a big deal for me, as I'm sure it was for many, and to complete it was a real surprise.

Top Bottom